Pre Match Leicester v Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilf is out for 7-10 days with a slight hamstring tear, so he will miss but hopefully not too many others

Mendy is a capable replacement at least.

Indeed he is. Obviously Wilf he ain't but we can be thankful we've got someone who, as a rule, can step in and do a job. I actually like Mendy, and what he does, a great deal.
Mendy has been like finding a pot noodle or a bag of monster munch at the back of the cupboard that you’d forgotten about.

I rate Mendy very highly so I don't worry about him stepping in to replace Ndidi at all

I really could see us going three at the back here. Both personnel and tactics of Leeds would support it.

Me too, seeing as we did it at their place and stuffed them.

One of a small handful of good performances with three centre backs.

Tough game this one. Bielsa will definitely have a plan to stop our midfield and when that's happened before, especially against Fulham at home, we've struggled.

Class should be enough to take us through though and Perez must play up front for me.

Schmeichel

Castagne
Fofana
Evans
Justin

Mendy

Albrighton
Maddison
Tielemans
Barnes

Perez

I know I go on about it, but 9 games in 29 days demand some rotation in all but the most demanding fixtures.

I trust this squad. They've proved they can adapt to different formations and personnel and deliver. We went to Elland Road in November without Ndidi and Castagne and with Maddison on the bench and we won comfortably.

For this match and Wednesday's game against Fulham, I'd like us to be smart with our selections. My choice for this game would be:

Schmeichel
Ricardo Fofana Evans Justin
Mendy Tielemans
Under Maddison Barnes
Perez

I'd then, as a minimum, bring in Castagne (for Ricardo), Soyuncu (for Evans) and Albrighton (for Under) on Wednesday.

I know I go on about it, but 9 games in 29 days demand some rotation in all but the most demanding fixtures.

I trust this squad. They've proved they can adapt to different formations and personnel and deliver. We went to Elland Road in November without Ndidi and Castagne and with Maddison on the bench and we won comfortably.

For this match and Wednesday's game against Fulham, I'd like us to be smart with our selections. My choice for this game would be:

Schmeichel
Ricardo Fofana Evans Justin
Mendy Tielemans
Under Maddison Barnes
Perez

I'd then, as a minimum, bring in Castagne (for Ricardo), Soyuncu (for Evans) and Albrighton (for Under) on Wednesday.

I'm not sure it's got enough bite for thr Leeds game.

Think I'd use Albrighton

ead-to-head

• Leicester are unbeaten in the past five meetings in all competitions, winning the last three.
  • The Foxes are looking to record a league double over Leeds for the first time since the 2004-05 campaign, when the sides were in the Championship.
  • Leeds United have won only two of their last 16 matches against Leicester City in all competitions (D6, L8).
Leicester City

• Leicester are nine matches unbeaten in all competitions.
  • Seven of those games have come in the Premier League - only leaders Manchester City are on a longer unbeaten top-flight run.
  • Brendan Rodgers' side have won each of the past 11 league matches in which they scored the opening goal, including all 10 this season.
  • Leicester have scored eight penalties, more than any other side in the Premier League this season.
  • Harvey Barnes has been involved in five goals in his six most recent league appearances, scoring three and setting up two.
Leeds United

• Leeds have won three of their past five league games, losing the other two.
  • The Whites have conceded 35 league goals in 19 matches this season, having let in 35 goals in total in 46 Championship fixtures in 2019-20.
  • They have won eight matches at the season's halfway stage, the same number they won in the whole of their previous top-flight campaign in 2003-04.
  • Leeds have conceded six penalty goals in this season's Premier League; no other side has conceded more.
  • Patrick Bamford is Leeds' top scorer with 10 league goals but he has gone four top-flight appearances without adding to his total. Seven of his 10 goals have come in away games.

Last edited:
I agree on the Albrighton keeping his place if we play 4231.
I can see soyuncu coming in for Evans if he's had blurred vision which might mean we change shape slightly.
I know I mention 3 at the back a lot, but with Ndidi out I wouldn't be surprised if we do.

Schmeichel
Justin Fofana Soyuncu
Ricardo Mendy Tielemans Castagne
Maddison Perez Barnes

The reason I'm suggesting Under instead of Albrighton for this match is the pace on the break.

It was how we battered them at their place and how they've been most vulnerable this season. With Maddison and Perez picking out the runs from Under and Barnes, we could do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566