Match Thread Leicester v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think we're going back to the way we played away to the big sides earlier in the season - 5-4-1 and break on them. It's what we did against Liverpool and Man City.

The two wing backs could be either side.

Schmeichel
Ricardo Amartey Soyuncu Evans Albrighton
Maddison Ndidi Tielemans Barnes
Vardy

That's four changes from the side at Anfield with Ricardo, Soyuncu, Ndidi and Amartey replacing Fofana, Fuchs, Mendy and Justin. I'd say that today's side is stronger.

It's possibly an inexperienced pairing in Liverpool's central defence. Might just be what Vardy needs to get going again.

I've just looked at the Liverpool side... I thought they were struggling with injuries? That doesn't look like a cobbled together side to me. Sure, they're put Henderson into CB alongside a newbie but it's still not a bad looking lineup. Their strength has been down the flanks and they look unaffected there.

With Liverpool's dodgy defence, I think Soyuncu as anytime scorer at 33/1 is a decent punt.
We’d have to get near their penalty area for that to happen.

On the BBC it has us 3 at the back with Ricardo as RWB and Albrighton as LWB
Well, tbh, I'd rather have Albrighton than Ricardo at LWB but I personally would prefer Albrighton in his more usual advanced right sided role. We'll see. I think we can say we've got an in-built flexibility!

We could've gone for old Fuchs at left back or Thomas. Not gonna grumble that we didn't tbh.....

From the Guardian...

That being said, Rodgers can’t help himself against Liverpool and will probably have spent this week confusing his team with an inverted pyramid set up with a quasi 6/trequartista hybrid with underlapping fullbacks. On ice.”

:icon lol:

I think it will be 5 at the back. I’m not looking forward to it and Albrighton against Trent or Robertson.
But let’s not forget how the match thread for Man City started after the team was announced. We might be pleasantly surprised again.

I think that’s about right.

Amartey is basically our Justin replacement. He allows our shape to change from a back 5 to a 4 depending on the flow of the game.

Not sure why so many people are glum. It’s largely the same way we set up against Man City.

Firmino hattrick, then.

I'm not glum! Keen to see how we actually line-up but not at all fearful. I said it before, I reckon we're a match for them today. We have to be on our game, and aware, but we've got the tools in our locker, particularly against their CB pairing.

Come on then you miserable set of Wankers!

Up the City

Come on Leicester. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673