Match Thread Leicester v Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really was time to try something different. I'm dreading what the score will be at half time, let alone full time.
Can't see that there were too many options. Wednesday night suggested that there is no back up. The lack of any central defence cover is a consequence of a poor summer recruitment and the lack of a central midfield doesn't help. I'm just hoping for a bit of luck and improved effort. A drenched surface may help to even things up.

Midfield is about to be overrun putting defence in a world of shit. Doesn't matter who starts up front til we fix the basics.

Hopefully we'll at least see a more energetic performance but we all know Andy King is the definition of bone idol.

Calm down you miserable feckers.

We'll win this.

We won't. Vardy won't rediscover his scoring touch, Mahrez will look disinterested for 60 mins before being subbed for Grey who will try hard and have no end product.

Our midfield will be over-run all game and our defence will be in a state of panic from the first whistle.

Our only tactic will be to try and hit them on the break which will consist of hopeful hoofs from Wes which will drop to their defence every time.

Slimani will score a late one with his head with the score at 0 -4

Can't see that there were too many options. Wednesday night suggested that there is no back up. The lack of any central defence cover is a consequence of a poor summer recruitment and the lack of a central midfield doesn't help. I'm just hoping for a bit of luck and improved effort. A drenched surface may help to even things up.

I wasn't thinking players, more about tactics.

You are right that Wednesday proved we have no personnel options.

Somehow Chilwell earned a place on the bench.
No other option. If we can play anywhere near anything we saw last season we've every chance. They can be as shambolic at the back as we can and if we can go at them from the off they won't like it. We need to start with a massive effort in moving forward at pace and lots of endeavour. If we don't and we allow Man City to grow into the game it could be a very long, cold, wet afternoon.

I wasn't thinking players, more about tactics.

You are right that Wednesday proved we have no personnel options.

Tactics wouldn't matter either. If no effort is put in it doesn't matter who players where.

we'll be lucky to get a draw. unbelievable that we haven't drawn up a plan B until Jan when we are set to sign reinforcements.
MAN city's 343 could run up a cricket score if we start badly again.
Celtic pressed and pressed an understrength MAN city in the week and got a draw. if we line up in a static 442 and King/Amartey surrender the ball then we are in for a long evening...

So it looks like CR was talking about Jeff and Hernandez.

I don't feel good about this game, or the way we're playing at the moment. On the other hand, if I wanted to support a team who won and played well consistently over time, I wouldn't support Leicester. So, **** it, I'm going to enjoy it for what it is - watching my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566