Match Thread Leicester v Middlesbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they need to be?
No - I'm not saying that. It's just that there is so much that Vardy does off the ball and out of the camera view which when you watch him from the stands that you see clearly. I'm not saying he's doing that today (I'm not there today) but I'd be interested to know how he is playing generally and not just when he has the ball and is on the screen? I think from what everyone is saying it's fair to say he hasn't had a lot to feed off...

No - I'm not saying that. It's just that there is so much that Vardy does off the ball and out of the camera view which when you watch him from the stands that you see clearly. I'm not saying he's doing that today (I'm not there today) but I'd be interested to know how he is playing generally and not just when he has the ball and is on the screen? I think from what everyone is saying it's fair to say he hasn't had a lot to feed off...

He hasn't. but with that in mind he could try doing what Okazaki is doing and put them under pressure and run after the ball. this is something missing from his game for most of this season.

You definitely do. I'd rather be there than watching it on a stream.

I'd rather be there but you don't see more. At a match you can only look at one thing at any time, you can only see from one angle and sometimes you are going to have your view blocked. With a TV recording you can watch from many angles, you can replay it to watch everything on the screen and you get different angles.

He doesn't want the ball, two throwings he should have been offering, he didn't even make eye contact with the taker. He's got no bollocks and he's out of his depth.

Couldn't agree more. I get the sentimentality surrounding King but, truth be told, he simply isn't good enough for the Premier League.

He has been "bobbins" to quote your name this entire season.

He may as well be a left winger it's about the only place he's doing anything. In front of goal he'a an embarrassment. Get Slimani on.

I'd rather be there but you don't see more. At a match you can only look at one thing at any time, you can only see from one angle and sometimes you are going to have your view blocked. With a TV recording you can watch from many angles, you can replay it to watch everything on the screen and you get different angles.

You see much more. but I doubt Vardy is running his arse off when the ball is 40 yards away then doing thr mannequin challenge whenever the camera pans right.

I think you see far more when actually at the game. Compared to watching it live on tv.

Ok, this explains a lot

:openmouth:

I'd rather be there but you don't see more. With a TV recording you can watch from many angles.....

Well, you can watch from the angles dictated by the choice of the director and the position of the cameras..... it's not quite the same is it?

At a match you can see the overall shape and flow of the game better. On TV you're constrained by the director's choice of angles and no peripheral vision. Replays mean that the TV viewer gets multiple chances to see specific incidents, so they're better equipped to see if that contentious incident really was offside/a penalty/a foul etc. But that's not seeing the whole game.

And I'm taking solace from the fact that, however woeful we were for much of the first half, we've come closer to taking the lead. These yellow cards are worrying though. I'd like to see Schlupp on.

Vardy would be better employed at an airport waving the planes in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669