Pre Match Leicester v Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer McLaren stays in his position, the more confident I feel about Monday.

5-1 thrashing to seal his fate and help our GD.

Keeping him in the job is a decision that's as inept as the one where he was appointed. But then the club needs new everything - from owner down.

The longer McLaren stays in his position, the more confident I feel about Monday.

5-1 thrashing to seal his fate and help our GD.

Why do you think they will score a goal? Do they have any amazing goalscorers, or do you think Huth will feel sorry for them and head one in for them from their only corner of the game?

Got to be honest. I'm slightly bricking it with this one.

Same here as it's so obvious that we should win rather easily, but being football you never know.

Part of me thinks we could actually win 72-0 for a change but Newcastle could also sneak it 1 nill.

From Sky Sports ...

BREAKING NEWS

Newcastle are edging closer to appointing Rafa Benitez as manager, with advanced talks taking place.

The discussions surround a three-year deal, and he'll be allowed to bring in his own backroom team.

We understand Steve McClaren will be sacked and will not take charge against Leicester on Monday.

Benitez will become "Manager", with Newcastle ditching their Head Coach model.

I am hoping that Rafa ( if he gets offered the job) doesn't start till after our game. Given the mess that Newcastle are in, and it is a mess, mostly because of an inept manager. However Mike Ashley ( there's a man I really dislike, he's got a face no one would get fed up of punching), has to accept that the wally with the brolly was his appointment and the current situation is his fault. Nobody with half a brain would have appointed MacLaren his track record is pretty dire. However there is nothing like a new Manager to galvanise a Newcastle team, who have played well below their capabilities. So Monday 3.0 to City with the wally in charge, much closer with Rafa so 1.0, but its a game we have to win so I will settle for any score in our favour.

I am surprised that Rafa is interested. there is a very high chance that he will be a championship manager next season.

Newcastle are complete and utter shite at the moment. Sacking McLaren is definitely the right thing to do, but it won't save them in time for Monday

Anything less than a 4-0 home win is unthinkable. Could be a lot more

I do not think McClaren going will have any dramatic immediate effect. I get the impression that some of the players do not even like each other yet alone the manager. I do not see McClaren going as suddenly producing a bonding moment for the team resulting in an improved performance.

Ideal scenario for Leicester would be McClaren staying for this game and Toon being as bad as they were against Bournemouth. They then sack him, bring in someone else who manages to scrape some half decent results together meaning that they are in with a decent shout of staying up on the last day when they play Spurs.

The club is rotten to the core - a change of manager won't help them and hasn't the last few time.

4-0 win.

Why would Benitez want that job, unless they are offering really stupid money, like £1 million per game, doubled if we are not relegated!

Does the man have no pride?

Why would Benitez want that job, unless they are offering really stupid money, like £1 million per game, doubled if we are not relegated!

Does the man have no pride?

Could have a 3 year contract with the chance of being sacked after 2 months. Looks a good deal unless fat Mike has him on a zero hours contract where he'll just not be asked to come back after May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669