Pre Match Leicester v Preston

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the automated offside system implemented at the World Cup is a fine solution.

Goal line technology is also worthwhile.

I do think you could bin the rest though.
I agree that VAR should not be used for subjective calls. You are simply replacing one persons opinion, who saw the action in real time, with that of someone who’s watching a slow-motion replay. Many incidents look far worse in slow motion.

But, the Spurs/Liverpool incident isn’t a good argument for why VAR should be scrapped. It was the numpties who were interpreting VAR who massively got it wrong. Used and interpreted correctly, VAR would have come to the correct decision, which the old-school pre-VAR method got wrong.
This has always been the issue. VAR technology is fine, but we have numpties using it. Until we have people capable of using it, we shouldn’t be using it.

Get rid of it, it's a big factor in ruining football
For ‘contentious’ incidents I don’t get why someone can’t just say in the refs earpiece that he should take a moment, check the pitch side monitor, then decide if he wants to review. Ref can then announce his decision like Rugby and we move on.

They have made it way too elaborate.

Live commentary on TalkSport2 tonight.

Big Game at Longleat Safari Park tonight.

It should be like the cricket, unless there is clear evidence the call is wrong it stays with the ref’s decision on the pitch…

Yep, just apply a 10 second review time.

If f you can’t make a decision on that time then the original decision stays as it is obviously not a “clear and obvious” error.

What is odd is that we've long since accepted that players & managers make mistakes that lead to goals, sendings off etc, but referees are not allowed to so we have to have VAR. Surely human error is and should be part of football, so if players can make errors, so should referees?
You cannot justify bringing it technology and claim it will eradicate mistakes, then shrug your shoulders when the mistakes still happen and it just creates frustration.

I've been wholeheartedly pro VAR since it was introduced.

I've been patient with errors as it was inevitable that it would take time to settle down. Mistakes were always going to happen.

I still think it's the right thing. However I've lost complete faith in the way we've done it. You only have to watch a capable former referee (Dean) flounder weekly on Sky when he's asked to make timely decisions as pretend VAR.

Referees should have nothing to do with it. It's a totally different role. It requires totally different skills.

Thankfully I've read that this has finally been recognised and the PGMOL are actively recruiting for the role and intend to get referees out of there.

That's the last chance for me. If they don't get this right, it's doomed.

Wednesday, 7:45PM.

Live on Sky's red button, or as one of the bonus streams on NOW.

Does this red button thing work on Virgin Media?

Lots of seats available - maybe throwing Enzo's desire for more noise out the window!

Preston will be tough. Hopefully we're not complacement. We'll need to be on our A game.

I was going to go down but i've picked something up and feel horrible. Yes i know, "it's going around."

Does this red button thing work on Virgin Media?

I've googled it for you...

"The red button matches are generally only available via the Sky Sports Football channel (503) and often only go live a few minutes before the matches start.

You should be able to access it by pressing the red button on your remote, followed by the contextual button (3 dots) and then select the game you want from the match menu which will pop up onscreen.."

Preston have been excellent away from home. They defend deep and will be patient.

We've scored one penalty across our last two home games.

Preston are 6/1 this evening. Those odds are ridiculous. I've lumped on.

I've googled it for you...

"The red button matches are generally only available via the Sky Sports Football channel (503) and often only go live a few minutes before the matches start.

You should be able to access it by pressing the red button on your remote, followed by the contextual button (3 dots) and then select the game you want from the match menu which will pop up onscreen.."
Love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570