Pre Match Leicester v Preston

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have concerns about Justin playing four 90 minutes in about 10 days.

This is the game I'd rest him for. Especially as we'll need him for the foreseeable.

I think Faes could do that role and we can bring in Souttar on the right.

Ricardo too. Looked like he was struggling at Blackburn. Choudhury can do that.
Ricardo was poor yesterday as was Dewsbury-Hall apart from his fabulous goal.

I’ve decided to fly all the way from Hong Kong to watch this game as I had an epiphany that we are going to batter these lot…

So brace yourselves for a 1-0 loss, piss poor weather and being stuck on the motorway on the way back lads…
Knew all along we were going to hammer Blackburn, hence I’m now also going to the Preston game…

A lacklustre performance and a dire 1-0 loss incoming

The manager has now asked for our home fans to wake the **** up twice in as many interviews

Checks to see who the VAR was.

Checks to see who is the ref on Wednesday night for City v Preston.

Darren England and Darren England.

Not anymore....

Now Thomas Bramall - whoever that is.
Tottenham v Liverpool VAR: Audio of Luis Diaz disallowed goal released - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67003308

When you listen to it, it sounds chaotic and very unprofessional. Almost like a bunch of mates talking about it in the pub. They sound like a right gang of knobheads who don't have a clue what they are doing.

Why didn’t VAR simply tell the ref. Stop the game, the goal stands as the player was onside. Restart from the centre circle?

Tottenham v Liverpool VAR: Audio of Luis Diaz disallowed goal released - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67003308

When you listen to it, it sounds chaotic and very unprofessional. Almost like a bunch of mates talking about it in the pub. They sound like a right gang of knobheads who don't have a clue what they are doing.
could take a leaf out of Rugby Unions book, but they wont because they no better, it almost comes across as being piss poor to have VAR removed.

If VAR didn’t exist, the goal still would have been disallowed, as the assistant ref gave it offside.

It’s been an absolute pleasure watching Leicester games this season without VAR. You can celebrate a goal, text your friend, post on here, without having to wait to have it confirmed. A penalty is a penalty and we don’t need to see 25 different angles of it. From the fan experience it’s how football should be.

But, the Spurs/Liverpool incident isn’t a good argument for why VAR should be scrapped. It was the numpties who were interpreting VAR who massively got it wrong. Used and interpreted correctly, VAR would have come to the correct decision, which the old-school pre-VAR method got wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566