Pre Match Leicester v Roma

Status
Not open for further replies.
An all-Spanish officiating team will be led by referee Carlos del Cerro Grande on Thursday, assisted by Juan Carlos Yuste and Roberto Alonso Fernández. The fourth official will be Jesús Gil Manzano.

For the first time in this season's competition, VAR will also be in operation, overseen by Juan Martínez Munuera and assistant Alejandro Hernández.

If he starts and we need a goal then suddenly we'll find he has to play the whole game. And they guess what happens....

Being him on from the bench imo

Exactly. If we're behind, it makes it impossible to bring JV off as long as he can still physically move.

I'd start him on the bench, bring him on for the last 20-30 mins, then hopefully he's ready to start the return leg

**** me pink, we're talking about a professional sportsman who has gone through weeks of rehabilitation and training to make sure that he is in the right condition to play. What are we saving him for, the all important Everton game?

He wasn't injured because he was 'rushed back', that's simply nonsense. He was injured because of an impact that could happen again on Thursday but probably won't. The most important game of our season and people want to see Daka or Iheanacho ****ing about missing one on ones or hitting shots out for a throw in whilst our best striker by a billion miles is getting haemorrhoids sitting on a cold bench.

Mental season is upon us.

We're talking about a player who is 35 and is getting injured frequently, but one that we know we can rely on to run through walls for us whenever he comes on. I think it makes sense to bring him on later on in the match. I think rodgers will probably end up starting him though.

This is the side I'd start with (3-4-1-2):

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Soyuncu
Ricardo Tielemans Dewsbury-Hall Castagne
Maddison
Daka Iheanacho

I'd then be able to change shape and bring pace into the side in the second half. Apart from the obvious issue at left back, everyone is playing where they are comfortable. I know BR would never do this.

BR will go with:
  • One too few players that are strong in the air (without Ndidi we are so vulnerable in the air against Roma's three central defenders plus Abraham). Mourinho will be all over this.
  • Tielemans holding in midfield (which doesn't work).
  • He'll also start with two wide attackers (none of them are in form) and,
  • Vardy as a lone striker (massive gamble).

We're talking about a player who is 35 and is getting injured frequently, but one that we know we can rely on to run through walls for us whenever he comes on. I think it makes sense to bring him on later on in the match. I think rodgers will probably end up starting him though.
We're talking about a player who scores goals. This is the business end of our season. We MUST take a lead to Roma.

Daka and Iheanacho..... **** sake.

Yep, all sounds great. Start without Vardy and hope we aren't losing, and if we are not, then leave him on the bench.

Or, start with him and hope we get a 2-goal cushion then take him off.

Hmmmmmm, tough one, not.

An argument for not starting with Vardy should be that they'll expect us to send in the clowns late on. If we start with Daka they're going to be confused...as will many others.

**** me pink, we're talking about a professional sportsman who has gone through weeks of rehabilitation and training to make sure that he is in the right condition to play. What are we saving him for, the all important Everton game?

He wasn't injured because he was 'rushed back', that's simply nonsense. He was injured because of an impact that could happen again on Thursday but probably won't. The most important game of our season and people want to see Daka or Iheanacho ****ing about missing one on ones or hitting shots out for a throw in whilst our best striker by a billion miles is getting haemorrhoids sitting on a cold bench.

Mental season is upon us.
You have no idea whether Vardy starting after playing for 20 mins has an effect on him getting injured. I don't either. To say it's nonsense is nonsense.
But IMO common sense tells us a 35 year old coming back from injury is more likely to pick up further injuries if his return is not managed.

I'd say we only have 2/3 games left worth anything this season so Vardy for me has to start, what else are we saving him for ? rest him for the league games, we need to play Vardy as Roma/Jose will play tight with tactical fouls so if we are only going to get minimal chances we need Vardy to finish, it's how the top teams win they take their chances, Daka and Nacho aren't anywhere near being top players.

Schmeichel
Ricardo Fofana Evans Castagne
Maddison Tilemans Dewsbury-Hall
Albrighton Perez Barnes
Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490