Pre Match Leicester v Rotherham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, I refer you to Sheffield Wednesday.

You act as though there were wholesale changes at Wednesday. There were only four starters different to last night and two of those four could easily have started last night if they were fit.

It is entirely sensible to rotate our squad over the coming matches. In fact, it would be rank poor management to do anything else.

The days between the Birmingham and Rotherham games is no problem. We could easily play the same team for both. However, then we play three more times in a little over a week. We also want to be able to go full strength against Ipswich.

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if EM picked his side for Ipswich and then selected 11 different starters against Rotherham. He won't of course and I'd expect 4-5 changes. In an ideal world, he'd then rotate out those that start the Rotherham and Ipswich games for the Cardiff match.

The 'always pick your best 11' approach is exactly the sort of nonsense that BR used to do which resulted in ruining a squad of players through either exhaustion and injury or simply being so detached from regular football that they weren't capable of stepping in.

And we do have a massive squad full of decent enough players and we could easily have a 2nd 11 side that finished mid-table in this league.

You act as though there were wholesale changes at Wednesday. There were only four starters different to last night and two of those four could easily have started last night if they were fit.

It is entirely sensible to rotate our squad over the coming matches. In fact, it would be rank poor management to do anything else.

The days between the Birmingham and Rotherham games is no problem. We could easily play the same team for both. However, then we play three more times in a little over a week. We also want to be able to go full strength against Ipswich.

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if EM picked his side for Ipswich and then selected 11 different starters against Rotherham. He won't of course and I'd expect 4-5 changes. In an ideal world, he'd then rotate out those that start the Rotherham and Ipswich games for the Cardiff match.

The 'always pick your best 11' approach is exactly the sort of nonsense that BR used to do which resulted in ruining a squad of players through either exhaustion and injury or simply being so detached from regular football that they weren't capable of stepping in.

And we do have a massive squad full of decent enough players and we could easily have a 2nd 11 side that finished mid-table in this league.
I'm not saying we shouldn't make any changes. This is straight out of the 2023 edition of '101 Things BN Has Made Up'.

It's about who we change. Taking out both KDH and Ndidi would be ****ing stupid. We don't have a squad decent enough to take out our most important players, simply because we don't have the quality of replacement to do their job well enough.

Changes are fine. Against Wednesday, we sabotaged ourselves by making the wrong ones. We shouldn't go into any game without at least one of KDH or Ndidi in the starting eleven if we aren't forced to. Watching Casadei and Akgun together in a midfield again would make my eyes bleed.

I'm not saying we shouldn't make any changes. This is straight out of the 2023 edition of '101 Things BN Has Made Up'.

It's about who we change. Taking out both KDH and Ndidi would be ****ing stupid. We don't have a squad decent enough to take out our most important players, simply because we don't have the quality of replacement to do their job well enough.

Changes are fine. Against Wednesday, we sabotaged ourselves by making the wrong ones. We shouldn't go into any game without at least one of KDH or Ndidi in the starting eleven if we aren't forced to. Watching Casadei and Akgun together in a midfield again would make my eyes bleed.
Perhaps we should force Praet to play to compound your misery?

Make changes here but ensure that we win so the pressure is less at Ipswich which is a 6 pointer.

Ideally we beat Rotherham.
Ipswich draw with Leeds.
We beat Ipswich.

Takes us to 61 points, Ipswich at 53, Leeds at 46 assuming they beat Preston next week.

I think we'll probably drop a few points over the next few matches though. But that would be spectacular and give us a huge mental advantage.

I think it's stupid for us to lose/draw vs Rotherham but beat Ipswich, but it's better for our league position. So main focus on beating Ipswich would be my approach.

I think it's stupid for us to lose/draw vs Rotherham but beat Ipswich, but it's better for our league position. So main focus on beating Ipswich would be my approach.
Sorry, have to disagree, look at what happened v Sheff Wednesday.

Ideally start with your best 11, get a decent lead then take off your best players and rest them.

If we **** this up then the pressure increases against Ipswich.

When we’ve made too many starting changes, the cohesion just hasn’t been there.

Caution is needed with how many changes, but more importantly, whom is rested

Changes are inevitable and probably necessary but we need to be so careful. Banging on about how big our squad is only works if you discount the fact that our squad players such as Akgun, Praet, Casadei, Daka, Coady and to a lesser degree, Choudhury and Albrighton have proven themselves to be useless or close to useless.

Going into the next game without KDH and/or Ndidi, a decent backline and a striker who can at least pretend to be a footballer, would be brainless drivel.

The problem against the likes of Sheff Wed wasn't the players picked. It was the arrogance that it was going to be as easy as it probably should have been. The energy and effort from the Brum game applied to the sheff wed one and we'd have slaughtered them.

Changes are inevitable and probably necessary but we need to be so careful. Banging on about how big our squad is only works if you discount the fact that our squad players such as Akgun, Praet, Casadei, Daka, Coady and to a lesser degree, Choudhury and Albrighton have proven themselves to be useless or close to useless.

Going into the next game without KDH and/or Ndidi, a decent backline and a striker who can at least pretend to be a footballer, would be brainless drivel.
That's a slight over reaction on those fringe players. Coady, Daka and Choudhury have come in and done a fine job on a number of occasions.

That's a slight over reaction on those fringe players. Coady, Daka and Choudhury have come in and done a fine job on a number of occasions.

Spot on

And Albrighton was excellent when he came on a couple of games ago and Daka has been pretty good, in my opinion

Praet was also perfectly fine and Akgun has been played completely out of position so far

But apart from that, yeah, they’re all shite

I'd start Cannon vs these lot. It's exactly the sort of game he'll need to gain confidence and playing time. Daka was shit vs Birmingham. Kelechi is donut. Vardy might still be out.

Get Cannon out for at least 65 minutes.

****s sake, I agree with some of this.

Too long in England already.

Luckily Brown Nose is still talking absolute shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566