Match Thread Leicester v Sheffield United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three centre halves hasn’t worked at all so far

Why he thinks it’s going to work with those three together is completely beyond me

It‘s an insane team selection

Nice that he's been bedded in before being sacraficed completely randomly.

That's all a bit mental, but then again you could play the entire academy after the pros made it clear they couldn't give a ****.
he's travelled to the last 2 away games just not selected

Three centre halves hasn’t worked at all so far

Why he thinks it’s going to work with those three together is completely beyond me

It‘s an insane team selection

What would you have picked, Homey?

It's ****ing bizzare. But you know what, something had to give after recent performances. I've no idea whether this is the pinnacle of Rodgers' lunacy or a brave move that'll pay off. I fear the former.

To be fair, with:
Chilwell
Ricardo
Soyuncu
Albrighton
Fuchs

All out injured/suspended, I'm not sure what else people expected to see in defence.
Erm, less defenders?

We've got three (well 1) Cb's and he's playing all of them.

He's a funny ****er ill give him that

BR hasn't got much choice considering the injuries and suspension.
To be honest if he binned kasper after his horror show v Bournemouth I wouldn't of been surprised

A back four

Like we had for the first half of the season when we were brilliant
I'd love to go back to a back 4, but I'm not convinced it would be fast or effective enough with two aging CBs and inexperienced full backs.

A back four

Like we had for the first half of the season when we were brilliant

And who else? Because with Maddison and Albrighton out, we're not blessed with attacking options either. The only other options I see with a back 4 would be playing Praet and pushing Tielemans forwards, or playing Gray and having Perez in the middle.

I'm not loving the back 5, but Thomas has never played in the Prem, Justin is still very inexperienced, and Bennett and Morgan don't have much legs in them... at least this (in theory) gives them all a bit more cover.

Like I say, I'm not a huge fan of it either - but very limited options

Talking balls member: The decision to not include youth players is disgraceful. Rodgers Out!

Talking balls member: What the hell is that team selection?! Just randomly picking people . FFS! Rodgers Out!

Talking balls member: The decision to not include youth players is disgraceful. Rodgers Out!

Talking balls member: What the hell is that team selection?! Just randomly picking people . FFS! Rodgers Out!
Ah. You do see the difference between bedding in youth players by including them in squads, using them as substitutes etc... And just desperately throwing a kid in because you've run out of ideas, don't you?

What am I thinking, of course you don't.

Yes that person definitely exists

Well done :038:

Looking at the bench it's probably worth not going into half time winning. Unless Nachos is his solution to us being ahead?

I don't really have an issue with this line up. It's what we've been forced into with all the injuries.

However, what I have said on here several times before is that BR has been an idiot for not including a couple of the younger players on the bench every time over the last few matches. It was a no-brainer even when we could fill the bench with senior players.

As a direct consequence of not doing this, he is now forced into playing Thomas cold and Johnson and Hirst appear for the first time and could well be needed. It's such poor management, I feel for these kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669