Pre Match Leicester v Sheffield Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're 1/100 to be promoted. We have 15 matches to play where we can gather knowledge for next season. Absolutely no point in playing people who won't be here. From here on in, I'd bench the out of contract players and not bother with Akgun either. Play some youngsters mixed with players we'll want next year and those we're not yet sure about.

Hermansen
Nelson
Coady
Doyle
Ricardo
Winks
Fatawu
Alves
Dewsbury-Hall
Mavididi
Daka
But remember, financially we couldn’t survive another season at this level.

The only possible way we have another season at this level is by pissing about with selection and acting like we’re already promoted.

It’s just mental that BN is the one suggesting we ease up, as if he’s forgotten what happened that time he said “Champions League is in the bag, lads”.

Where am I suggesting that we ease up?

I'm suggesting that we make a few adjustments to the regular side to help prepare for the future.

What's to say that we wouldn't get more points doing this than picking people like Vestergaard?

Just one example. I'd suggest that someone like Alves has a much higher incentive to do well over the next couple of months than Praet.

Not quite sure of the use of the word "Entitled"? I mean, if Enzo starts thinking about next season and preparing for it, he's hardly a blonde, bobbed entitled Karen is he (although that would be a good look) surely that is just prudence? That's the opposite of entitled. Entitlement is about living in the moment and what you deserve now.

Given they nicked some points I’d expect Enzo to have a plan to go strong here.

Mads

Ricardo
Vestergaard
Faes
Doyle

Winks
KDH
Praet

Mavididi
Daka
Fatawu

Yes it was.
Yes, of course it was. It was the Swansea game not Sheff Wed that was postponed to make way for the 4th round of the Cup. I got my S's muxed ip.

I would agree with putting out our best team until 1st/2nd spot promotion is certain. After that I would happily see less of the out-of-contract players* and more of the youngsters /longer contract players given a a run out in prep for next season.

* still want to see some more Vardy though

It’s really good at the KP these days, here’s a reminder for some of how once was. Top strikes though…

It’s really good at the KP these days, here’s a reminder for some of how once was. Top strikes though…

Tiatto? Ouch!

Where am I suggesting that we ease up?

I'm suggesting that we make a few adjustments to the regular side to help prepare for the future.

What's to say that we wouldn't get more points doing this than picking people like Vestergaard?

Just one example. I'd suggest that someone like Alves has a much higher incentive to do well over the next couple of months than Praet.
Praet is a poor example for three reasons:

1) He has barely started any games and has only got a look in due to injuries.

2) You could replace Praet with a bollard and I doubt our mobility or forward play would suffer.

3) He’s a poor player for us (FWIW I think he is technically a good player, just not in the English leagues).

Praet is a poor example for three reasons:

1) He has barely started any games and has only got a look in due to injuries.

2) You could replace Praet with a bollard and I doubt our mobility or forward play would suffer.

3) He’s a poor player for us (FWIW I think he is technically a good player, just not in the English leagues).

Okay, so you don't have a problem with that suggested switch.

I only made two others. Your entire argument is then that selecting Nelson and Coady over Faes and Vestergaard threatens out chances of beating Sheff Wed and ultimately going up?

I didn't notice that Sheff Wed now have Haaland and Mbappe up front for them.

Why would we make wholesale changes? If what we are doing works, why would we change that. By all means give some youngsters game time from the bench if we are in control, but let’s not change players based on the length of their current contracts.

Who has suggested that we make wholesale changes?

Answer - nobody.

P
Okay, so you don't have a problem with that suggested switch.

I only made two others. Your entire argument is then that selecting Nelson and Coady over Faes and Vestergaard threatens out chances of beating Sheff Wed and ultimately going up?

I didn't notice that Sheff Wed now have Haaland and Mbappe up front for them.
Praet isn’t a regular and never will be so I wouldn’t be opposed to giving anyone a try there. As per my previous post, Praet is only there due to injuries. What I object to is the notion that changing players who have literally owned a position for an entire season AND performed very well is anything other than disruptive and risky when we have Southampton and Leeds breathing down our necks.

The last thing we need is to draw or lose tonight and for us to give some encouragement to the above reams along with perhaps Ipswich.

If/When we are assured of promotion then I’m happy to try out 1/4 or more of the team but at the minute that seems a risky and entirely unnecessary gamble to undertake.

This is not a cup game against a lower league team - Start with the top quality, in form players.
Make sensible subs when possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570