Pre Match Leicester v Spartak Moscow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schmeochel

Castagne Evans Soyuncu Bertrand

Ricardo Soumare Tielemans Barnes

Ihenacho Daka

We were a bit startled by the reverse fixture kicking off at 15.30.

Think of the Spartak fans as this game kicks off at 23.00 their time.

We were a bit startled by the reverse fixture kicking off at 15.30.

Think of the Spartak fans as this game kicks off at 23.00 their time.
So we'll hammer them but still concede afew.

Oh god I have to watch Vestergaard this week don’t I?

I read a pretty convincing thing the other day from a site run by recruitment people that said we were due to sign Chris Richards (21) from Hoffenheim. It was largely agreed. Then Fofana got injured and BR overruled our plans and said he now wanted Vestergaard (29) instead. Apparently, the recruitment team were not impressed as Vestergaard was nowhere near the top of their lists.

I read a pretty convincing thing the other day from a site run by recruitment people that said we were due to sign Chris Richards (21) from Hoffenheim. It was largely agreed. Then Fofana got injured and BR overruled our plans and said he now wanted Vestergaard (29) instead. Apparently, the recruitment team were not impressed as Vestergaard was nowhere near the top of their lists.
Completely unsurprising.

Completely unsurprising.
Based on his well-known reputation for going behind his recruitment team's back and signing players? Sounds like just more conjecture. It's never the manager's decision and that's final with no input from the wider team, owners etc.

I’m not doubting this (honestly), but it also could be the well trodden rumour path of:
Good signing = scouting team
Bad signing = manager under pressure

The recruitment people were probably thinking medium/long term with Richards.

When Fofana was injured, the manager would have wanted someone with Premier League experience to go straight into the team.

We just ended up with someone who (so far), turns out not to be good enough, so we may have been better off throwing someone younger into the team. It worked when we were forced to do it with Fofana.

I wouldn't rule out Vestergaard being a useful player yet, his career suggest he is capable of better than we are seeing. In his defence, he was thrown straight in, without a pre-season, desperately unfit, unfamiliar with the team, gets injured, then rushed back in because our situation demanded it. unsurprisingly his performances suffered and now his confidence.

It might be good for him to have some time on the sidelines, concentrate on training and then we might see a better player when he is needed again.

The recruitment people were probably thinking medium/long term with Richards.

When Fofana was injured, the manager would have wanted someone with Premier League experience to go straight into the team.

We just ended up with someone who (so far), turns out not to be good enough, so we may have been better off throwing someone younger into the team. It worked when we were forced to do it with Fofana.
That’s my read.

I wouldn't rule out Vestergaard being a useful player yet, his career suggest he is capable of better than we are seeing. In his defence, he was thrown straight in, without a pre-season, desperately unfit, unfamiliar with the team, gets injured, then rushed back in because our situation demanded it. unsurprisingly his performances suffered and now his confidence.

It might be good for him to have some time on the sidelines, concentrate on training and then we might see a better player when he is needed again.
The problem is that isn’t the kind of player we wanted to sign. We needed an experienced head who could immediately come in, do a job and be a bit of a leader and calming presence. He has achieved none of those things. Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566