Pre Match Leicester v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
All about opinions I suppose BN. What's your lineup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is the toughest selection of the season so far. None of us can agree on the formation or personnel. We need to play three in midfield or we'll get dominated, wide men or we'll provide no service and afford our full backs no protection, and two up top or we'll have no goal threat. In short, we need to field 12 players!

Given the above dilemmas, I'd go for a 4-2-3-1. The hard part is going to be getting our attacking midfield/forward three involved, both out wide and centrally, supporting the striker. And then we've either got to shoehorn Vardy into that three, or drop one of Vardy or Ulloa. Tough call.

How we approach the game on Saturday will be very telling. Are we hoping for a 0-0 draw at home to Sunderland or are we going to do what Pearson says is always our aim 'to win every game'

If we play this negative diamond malarkey with Drinkwater refusing to face the oppositions goal for 90 minutes then I can sense a horrid afternoon in store.

Only thing for it is to get well watered before hand I think.

Formation is no more than a defensive mechanism to organise yourselves. It shouldn't detracted that we should go for these on Saturday, we should dominate play and make them worry about defending.

On an another note, there's a chance Mahrez might not play for Algeria today which would be handy.

Formation is no more than a defensive mechanism to organise yourselves. It shouldn't detracted that we should go for these on Saturday, we should dominate play and make them worry about defending.

On an another note, there's a chance Mahrez might not play for Algeria today which would be handy.

He'll probably still return late and miss the game going on past behavior.

If he does play today - its very unlikely he will start against Sunderland.

Interesting point made on the thread about Cambiasso. It was always asking too much for him to transform our prospects. Pearson always made it plain enough that he was mainly relying on his squad from last season - the local media/ fans hyped up the Cambiasso factor. Quality player - but at the end game stage of his career.

If there has to be a choice of 1 upfront - the fact that Ulloa scores most of the goals should give him the edge over Vardy?

Very interesting game - I don't think that Pearson has any choice but to be positive - when he is negative we always manage to lose at some point.

I haven't seen anything that suggests to me that Cambiasso is actually struggling in games with his fitness.

In fact I would say he usually seems as with it at the end as he is at the start.

Their midfield has Cattermole in it doesn't it? May not even need a midfield then.

We've waited ten years to get back to the Premier League and it's taken them 11 games to need a reminder to show some support.

5 bad games to turn their vocal cords against the team and manager rather than encourage and help.

Fickle short sighted misery peddlers can get to ****.

Here are a few stats and topical delights to get right deep up you.

We have won none of our last 6 matches, in those 6 matches we have lost 5 and failed to score a single goal in 5.

Sunderland have won 4 and lost non of their last 5 league games with us, although we have not met since 2007 in the Championship.

Sunderland have won just 2 of their last 12 Premier League games, winning both by a 3-1 scoreline (W2 D6 L4)

Excluding blocked shots (as no one cares about those other than Woy) we have had the least shots (75) than any other team in the top flight.

Talking of blocked shots, Wes Morgan has blocked more than any other Premier League defender (17)

Conor Wickham has conceded more fouls than any other player in the top flight (27) and Vito Manone has made more errors leading directly to a goal than any other Premier League player this season (3)

Sunderlands 3-1 win at Selhurst P0ark last time on the road ended a run of 3 away league games without a goal.

Sunderland have won their last 2 visits to the KP, they didn't concede a goal in either game. However, the Black Cats have NEVER won away at our place in the Premier League, losing 3 and drawing 1.

I Would go with

Schmeichel
De Laet, Morgan, Moore, Konchesky
Cambiasso, Hammond
Mahrez, King, Schlupp
Ulloa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696