Match Thread Leicester v Watford FAC R3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all a bit shite

Daley-Campbell being absolutely skinned and a definite red card if we leave him on there

Perez and Barnes absolutely ****ing awful

I think Lookman and Maddison have done really well. Albrighton too. I have to say, as much as he could have done better with the goal, I don't think Choudhury has done too badly at all as a makeshift CB. He's made some excellent challenges and blocks, and some of his passing has been extremely good. Vestegaard has done okay I guess but his lack of pace is a real concern. It's like watching one of those talking trees from 'The Lord of the Rings' at times. His passing is good for the most part though.

Brunt and VDC started well enough but really tailed off towards the end of the half. VDC in particular was very poor for the last 20 minutes of the first half and is a lucky boy to stay on the pitch; he should have been shown a second yellow.

I think it's been a very enjoyable game though.

Well played there lads. A good half with us looking confident and capable in possession.

I thought the penalty was very fortunate. Not enough in it for me but it was Dean being Dean. We created some good openings though and deserved the lead.

We look a total mess at the back but thankfully they don't seem to want to attack. No way can we keep Daley-Campbell on the pitch as he really ought to be off. Mike Dean was unusually very lenient but one more challenge and he's gone.

Schmeichel to left back?

Nice to be winning and a lovely goal.

Hamza has been absolutely excellent and is basically holding the defence together.

As for the youngsters. I’m not sure what our options are but Daley Campbell is a genuine liability. Brunt looks a nice player but the match is passing him by a lot. He’s being bypassed and not getting on the ball.

Finally, Rodgers has disappeared up his own arse by playing Perez and Lookman in the inverted positions they should be in.

I don't think we've looked terrible at the back really. We have a major problem on our left as VDC just isn't up to it but other than that we've been okay. I think Choudhury has done a really good job back there for the most part.

Nice to be winning and a lovely goal.

Hamza has been absolutely excellent and is basically holding the defence together.

As for the youngsters. I’m not sure what our options are but Daley Campbell is a genuine liability. Brunt looks a nice player but the match is passing him by a lot. He’s being bypassed and not getting on the ball.

Finally, Rodgers has disappeared up his own arse by playing Perez and Lookman in the inverted positions they should be in.
But this has worked for Lookman who has been a real thorn in their side. I know what you mean though, it's odd.

Entertaining, but we should be doing better against them.
Annoying that 2 -3 crossed balls have gone right across their goal (but with nobody following in for an easy tap-in) as we would have been miles ahead already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669