Pre Match Leicester Vs Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitzo

presumably Fuchs will come in at CB having had another full week of Training given Brendan said he doesn't want to be using Wilf there (unless Morgan or Benkovic are fit), so the question is does Maddison start? I would meaning Praet and Mendy drop out will assume those would be the only changes Rodgers will make

Same 11 I think.

Doubt Maddison is ready yet, and think Ndidi/Mendy both did their jobs well.

Fuchs isn't a CB either and I wouldn't trust him in as one of two, so think it's better to keep Ndidi there. I also think he'd deal with their aerial threat better than Fuchs would.

Suspect Maddison will be off the bench again but if he's ready then bench Praet.

I personally wouldn’t have Perez anywhere near the starting eleven, but we don’t have a great deal of choice

Other than him, the rest deserve another go

Same 11 I think.

Doubt Maddison is ready yet, and think Ndidi/Mendy both did their jobs well.

Fuchs isn't a CB either and I wouldn't trust him in as one of two, so think it's better to keep Ndidi there. I also think he'd deal with their aerial threat better than Fuchs would.

Suspect Maddison will be off the bench again but if he's ready then bench Praet.
Rodgers pre match quotes before Sunday were about Wilf being a world class defensive midfielder and how he doesn't want to move him from there, Fuchs isn't a CB no but he'splayed there more than Wilf has and it allows Wilf back to his best position which is why I think Rodgers will do it

Fuchs isn't a CB no but he'splayed there more than Wilf has

Ndidi started his career as a central defender, so it's not like it's completely new to him. I think he's a better central defender than Fuchs. It's a question of whether we lose more in midfield than we gain in defence. I'd start him in defence, and maybe change things during the game if we need him in midfield.

Ndidi started his career as a central defender, so it's not like it's completely new to him. I think he's a better central defender than Fuchs. It's a question of whether we lose more in midfield than we gain in defence. I'd start him in defence, and maybe change things during the game if we need him in midfield.
Fuchs was my presumption due to being on the bench, not sure what Benkovic's injury is or whether Wes will be fit either, I'd personally probably play Wilf there over Fuchs but I'm talking about what I think the manager will do

I thought Ndidi was very composed and mature so I'd stick with him there in the absence of Wes/Benko. With Fuchs, you always risk a 'rush-of-blood' moment.

It's Burnley, we will have the larger percentage of possession and they will rely on free kicks and corners to lump it in the box, because of this I would keep the same 11 as vs WBA, Chris Wood would love Fuchs as a CB

Last edited:
I think it's likely to be the same 11, although Perez might be at risk of being dropped. I've made no secret of the fact I like him and think he adds a lot to our forward play; I still think this, especially as he was the only one who bothered to turn up after lock down but he was our worst player by a long way on Sunday and we can't afford a passenger.

We could do with a bit more height in the team, when it comes to facing their set pieces.

Tim Howard in goal with Fuchs playing in the same team would make for some complicated shouts.....

Anyway, on the Burnley match - same eleven for me.

I'd be tempted to bring Gray in for Perez but after a 3 nil win and a whole week break, it would be a strange to make any changes unless forced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363