Let's all laugh at Leeds Part 1,123

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the most surprising thing is that it's hard to pinpoint exactly what has gone wrong there. They have been a different team since beating Man U in the cup. Which is odd, as you would expect that kind of result to have a positive effect on the team. One can only point to them getting complacent thinking they can just turn up to a match and walk away with the points. Then they get on a bad run and before you know it, someone has pipped them to the last automatic place.

I had read reports that Beckford had walked out after being dropped for yesterdays match? I have to admit, I would take great delight in seeing them get beaten in the play offs again if it happens because I feel Leeds fans are one of those few sets of fans that are firmly stuck in the past regularly boasting about past achievements and it's nice to see them brought down a peg or two. On the other hand I feel a bit sorry for Larry, he's proven he is a decent manager with what he has achieved at Blackpool. Perhaps the Leeds job is just too big for him. I expect he'll be sacked if they don't get promoted this year.

Did he turn us down?

After he joined Leeds he told their fans that Leeds and Leicester were the only clubs he would have dropped down a division for.

When the City managers post was vacant after Hollowhead had gone after we'd been relegated to L1, Grayson was one of the favourites for the City job. But if you recollect, he came out and said that he didn't want the job in order to stay with Blackpool who were in the Championship still. Then only a matter of months later he took the Leeds job in L1 !

But if you recollect, he came out and said that he didn't want the job in order to stay with Blackpool who were in the Championship still. Then only a matter of months later he took the Leeds job in L1 !

That's not how I remember it. The speculation at the time was that he wanted the job but MM didn't want him. Maybe after we turned him down he told the Blackpool fans he wanted to stay there.

Norwich 1-0 Leeds

looks their hopes of winning L1 are gone

Kandol comes on as a sub on 91 mins and gets sent off 55 seconds later

is that a record?

I remeber the dirty fecker getting sent off for Milwall last season after he nutted Michael Morisson or something to that effect.

I think I might focus my attention for the rest of season on following Leeds and hoping they **** it up, with the intention of next glancing at Leicester after 46 games and realising I need to buy a ticket to Forest in the playoffs.

I think I might focus my attention for the rest of season on following Leeds and hoping they **** it up, with the intention of next glancing at Leicester after 46 games and realising I need to buy a ticket to Forest in the playoffs.

I like that plan :)

Losing at home to Swindon, and went down to 3rd place after Millwall picked up a point yesterday. :081:

They might slip out of the play offs altogether if they arent careful :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669