Live score apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Seeing as there are numerous app threads at present, does anyone use any live football score apps on the iPhone? Looking for one with fairly good international coverage and offering notifications of goals for selected matches. I've been using the Sky Sports app but it's clunky and doesn't give notifications.

I use one called LiveScore and much prefer it to Sky Sports. If you look for it it has an orange logo.

But it doesn't give notifications as far as I'm aware sorry.

I use the Sky Sports one too, but it does seem to get worse! Slow and clunky and difficult to connect a lot of the time, even when other apps will! Frustrating.

Let us know if you find a better one that shows lineups and everything too!

Last edited:
Tried it as thought it would the job but notifications were only for bigger matches with streams I think and were inconsistent. Have you found it any better?

Been the best I've found but I haven't used it for more than the bigger matches so I wasn't aware it was limited.

Fotmob - very simple app, gives latest scores, notification on when game starts, finishes and goals, latest league tables and teams. Also gives you all the latest scores from all league - you can pick and chose which you want to display and which not.

Fotmob - very simple app, gives latest scores, notification on when game starts, finishes and goals, latest league tables and teams. Also gives you all the latest scores from all league - you can pick and chose which you want to display and which not.

I thought fotmob was Android only?

Tested it out some of these tonight to see what would work best for low profile League Cup matches

LS Addicts
Scores were updated regularly. Allowed notifications but they were patchy. Worked fine for the Sky live match (Swindon-Brighton) but for the others it did warn me that "notifications may only appear at full-time" and lo and behold at full-time I got notified of all the City goals. But even that hasn't worked for all the matches I selected.

Livescore

No notifications and the scores seemed to be slightly slower than LS addicts

Eurosport live

Said it did "alerts" but that didn't amount to any notifications. Scores also seemed to be slow in updating, and didn't even have goalscorer info.

None of the above had lineups either. Think I might stick with the Sky app as it allows you to pick and choose the matches to show, and has lineup information, and LS addicts if I want to follow some big matches whilst out.

Hope that's useful!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572