Loan Watch 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can think of far worse strikers than Slimani. The fact that he cost a ridiculous amount of money is the major problem and that wasn't his fault. I remember seeing him play very well on a number of occasions.
He was quality against Porto in that 1-0 win wasn't he?

****ing hell, it's like no one has ever seen him play for us. He was absolutely woeful. I mean, appalling. He charged around like a bull with wasabi on its cock, gave away a foul and then did **** all else. I couldn't give two shiny shits if he's scored 9 goals in a pub league, he was dreadful for us from day one. It's like the Silva debate all over again. Most of us could see he was also a complete duffer but there's always those who feel they weren't 'given a proper chance'. Why do you think they weren't selected? Probably because they were as shit in training as they were on the pitch.

Well with 9 goals in 19 appearances this season, he really isn't as shit as most make out on here.

Just think where we would be with another 9 goals this season......
He wouldn't have got 9 goals this season for us. Not even close.

Just to make it clear, I do genuinely believe Islam Slimani is better employed as a footballer than as a parking attendant. Now admittedly I've never seen his parking attendant skills first hand but it's a gamble I'm willing to take.

But then, as with most of what I say, it's best not to take me too seriously.

Just to make it clear, I do genuinely believe Islam Slimani is better employed as a footballer than as a parking attendant. Now admittedly I've never seen his parking attendant skills first hand but it's a gamble I'm willing to take.

But then, as with most of what I say, it's best not to take me too seriously.
Whereas I'm not at all convinced he's any good at either.

Well with 9 goals in 19 appearances this season, he really isn't as shit as most make out on here.

Just think where we would be with another 9 goals this season......
And who would you have left our for him to have scored those 9 goals?

Or are you hoping the referee wouldn’t notice us sticking him up top and play with 12?

****ing hell, it's like no one has ever seen him play for us. He was absolutely woeful. I mean, appalling. He charged around like a bull with wasabi on its cock, gave away a foul and then did **** all else. I couldn't give two shiny shits if he's scored 9 goals in a pub league, he was dreadful for us from day one. It's like the Silva debate all over again. Most of us could see he was also a complete duffer but there's always those who feel they weren't 'given a proper chance'. Why do you think they weren't selected? Probably because they were as shit in training as they were on the pitch.

But despite being absolutely woeful, he's scored the same amount as Perez has in his first season but in less games.....

0.41 goals per appearance across top flight leagues in 3 different countries would also suggest he is not a complete duffer, even more so when about a third of his appearances have been as a sub.

He might not be the world's best striker but he could have provided a different option for us at times which has desperately been needed.

And who would you have left our for him to have scored those 9 goals?

Or are you hoping the referee wouldn’t notice us sticking him up top and play with 12?

I didn't realise we were restricted to playing the exact same 11 players for all 38 league games.

Have we got rid of substitutions now too?

That woeful that he still managed to rack up 8 goals in 15 starts.
The way he is spoken about makes him sound as bad as Akinbiyi, Cresswell or Benjamin.

some of the crosses of late have been begging for Slimani to be on the pitch, decent service just no one to take advantage of them, especially with a back 3 Slimani could have played with Vardy and given us an additional aerial threat as well as some hold up play

Ulloa is/was a much better player than Slimani.

Brave call. And a close one too imho. But I think I'd agree - on balance, all things considered, caveat emptor, YMMV, errors and omissions etc, no returns rabbits, etc etc etc

I guess if you were to consider price tag and 'bang for buck' (so to speak) then, for me, Leo hoses in no question. And a better all-round player for me too. It's not that Slim didn't have his uses (and I do remembering him scoring a cracker) but he was, for me anyway, closer to the proverbial cart horse than Lionel Messi. As the classic 'big man up top', you'd maybe give him the nod over over Leo but everywhere else, nah, not for me...

Leo will always have a place in our hearts that Slim will never have, so in some respects comparisons are always going to be biased by emotion. That penalty against West Ham alone seals his place. That took cojones and was dispatched will aplomb. And it brought the ****ing house down.

You always know we’re doing shit as a team when the “Slimani/Silva/Diabate is great...they could do a good job for us...they didn’t get enough of an opportunity” load of bollocks raises it’s head.

You always know we’re doing shit as a team when the “Slimani/Silva/Diabate is great...they could do a good job for us...they didn’t get enough of an opportunity” load of bollocks raises it’s head.

Musa/Kapustka firmly in that group too

Complete and utter horseshit

I think the amount of fans contemplating getting rid of BR is a better indicator of that....

Some of us were just disproving some bollocks being spouted on here.

All irrelevant though seeing as we are restricted to 11 players only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566