Lost in Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotherhamfox

Watched it for the first time last night on Film Four, loved it. Bill Murray is fantastic, anyone else see it?

Seen it a couple of times, first time I hated, secoind time I loved it, great film. Hate Bill Murray but he is superb in it. A must see.

Durham Fox said:
Seen it a couple of times, first time I hated, secoind time I loved it, great film. Hate Bill Murray but he is superb in it. A must see.

It's great. I love the way Sophia Coppolla explored Tokyo and the very subtle nature of the film. Plus was a bit choked at the end.

Great great film, perfect antidote to the mindless fodder that Holywood usually chucks out i.e. it doesn't the audience like idiots, leaves some gaps and actually requires people to think a little bit.

Sophia Copolla is talented but her new film about Marie Antoinette looks well ropey.

Hazzman said:
Greatest film to come out of America in the last five years.

Superb and it started my love of Scarlett Johansson

Have you seen Match Point? I liked her in that movie... She has a new one out called scope, looks very similar to Match Point, set in London, directed by Woody Allen again, i'll probably see it soon...

londonfox said:
Have you seen Match Point? I liked her in that movie... She has a new one out called scope, looks very similar to Match Point, set in London, directed by Woody Allen again, i'll probably see it soon...

No but I do want to see Match Point. And its not scope, its Scoop.

saw lost in translation on film4 last night was ok probably better to watch it without adverts every 20 minutes :icon_roll

I saw it a few years ago and thought it was great... although not much seemed to happen.

I'll try and catch it on Film4 when its on again, don't approve of these adverts though

i thought there was a nice feel to it, but really wtf happens?

old man fancies young bird? whoppedy doo, who wouldn't fancy scarlett?

would have been a good film to discover, but it was hyped beyond belief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670