Luton - 11th March 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Kick-off 3:00 p.m.

Tickets

We have been allocated 1,770 tickets for this fixture, priced at £20.50 adults and £13.50 concessions.
Selling arrangements are as follows:
Mon Feb 27-Season ticket holders (priority 1)
Tue Feb 28-Season ticket holders (priority 2)
Wed Mar 1-Season ticket holders (priority 3)
Thu Mar 2-Members
Fri Mar 3-General sale (subject to availability)

Coaches
Fox Travel coaches will depart at 11am, priced at £13 and £11 concessions (Season ticket holders receive a £1 discount).

Directions
M1 to Junction 11

Join the A505 towards Luton.
Follow the A505 for approximately 1.5 miles and Kenilworth Road is on your right as you leave the one-way system along Dunstable Road.
To park, follow the one-way around, turning left, right and right again all in about 100 yards so that you do a complete U-turn and then take the second left into Ash Road. Continue down to the bottom, turn left at the end and the club is in front of you. Continue straight past the club and the road bends immediately over a dual carriageway bridge. Beyond this is plenty of street parking (and a great fish shop) if you are early enough.

The Luton Town website warns, "There is no car park at the ground and there is limited space available in the streets around the ground. If you are early, you may find a space close by but the street parking fills up quite quickly. There is a multi-storey car park in the town centre. Follow the signs for the Galaxy Centre Leisure Complex."

About 70 miles

Trains
There are two trains an hour between Leicester and Luton. There are some cheap single tickets available on MML, but these are subject to availability and tend to sell out quickly. Prices from £8.50 Standard and £10 First Class.

Once the cheap tickets are exhausted the cheapest way to travel by train would be to book Cheap Day Returns to and from Wellingborough - total fare £24.20. GroupSave tickets will also be available; £16.15 each for groups of 3, £12.10 each for groups of 4. Groups of 3 or 4 will find these tickets are cheaper than the cheap advance purchase singles.

The station is a 10-minute walk from the ground. From the station, turn right into Station Road which runs into Mill Street. At the junction, turn left into Telford Way and right into Dunstable Road. Oak Road is the fifth on the left about a third of a mile along.
or
The 31 bus runs from the stop outside the station. Ask the driver to stop at Oak Road to let you off.

Pubs
???

Away Supporters Facilities
Away fans are allocated the covered seating in the Oak Road End.
Standard football ground refreshments are available inside Kenilworth Road - whooopeee!!!

Last edited:
Boca or Webby, your both men of ticketing knowledge. Do you think they will be some available on general sale? For some reason, I had a horrible dream where I popped down on the Thursday to buy some City DVDs and I went in for interest and they said we only have 50 tickets left and they will be gone by Friday morning.

Hazzman said:
Boca or Webby, your both men of ticketing knowledge. Do you think they will be some available on general sale? For some reason, I had a horrible dream where I popped down on the Thursday to buy some City DVDs and I went in for interest and they said we only have 50 tickets left and they will be gone by Friday morning.

I would certainly expect there to be plenty of tickets left for general sale on the Friday. I really don't see us selling all of these.

My Luton ticket arrived today, and it's unreserved seating, so presumably that means they're not expecting a sell out, it's more difficult to fill all the seats if they're unreserved.

Last time I went to Luton the seats seemed to be very cramped (and I wasn't such a fat bastard in those days!), it's one of those places where anyone over 5'10" will find it uncomfortable or even painful to sit down.

webmaster said:
My Luton ticket arrived today, and it's unreserved seating, so presumably that means they're not expecting a sell out, it's more difficult to fill all the seats if they're unreserved.

Last time I went to Luton the seats seemed to be very cramped (and I wasn't such a fat bastard in those days!), it's one of those places where anyone over 5'10" will find it uncomfortable or even painful to sit down.

You're dead right about the lack of leg room, last time I went there I could hardly walk after the game due to cramp.

When was the last time we played there btw? :102:

Ox Fox said:
You're dead right about the lack of leg room, last time I went there I could hardly walk after the game due to cramp.

One of these days a club will get sued as a result of injuries caused by crap seats.

Ox Fox said:
When was the last time we played there btw? :102:

1995. 1-1, Garry Parker got our goal, against his former club.

webmaster said:

I was on a forum where a Wolves fan commented on getting a good seat due to unreserved seating because of the 'oldness' of the stadium. I'm in for a good view then with the seats. Also if there is more than 2 of you, try to get in early because of seating arrangements.

what pub is everyone drinking in?

webmaster said:

thats why 95% of away supports at luton stand up

we certainly will be standing, i think its more dangerous to sit in that place. a real chance of deep vein thrombosis.

webmaster said:
Hopefully it's not one of those places with zealous stewards. I'm sure last time I was there no one stood.

well i could see feck all from where i was sitting at anfield and they still made me sit :( i'm looking forward to an old style football ground at luton though, may end up hating it though

Shite, forgot to get me ticket last week. many left does anyone know?

MKFox said:
Shite, forgot to get me ticket last week. many left does anyone know?

if judging by the computer of the ticket office this afternoon id say alot

No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
F*rest, the retared inbread gun-hugging pricks

:icon_redf :018: :icon_bigg

fitz said:
if judging by the computer of the ticket office this afternoon id say alot
cheers fitz

beaumontfox said:
first game of the season
3rd game that season.
Lovely summers day if I remember rightly?
We did play them first game of the season at filbo in 92 though, won 2-1, another lovely sunny day then too.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566