Luton fined and deducted points

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHYDAL

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/luton_town/7401548.stm

Luton hit by 10-point deduction
Luton Town

Luton Town have been deducted 10 points and fined £50,000 after being found guilty of 15 charges of misconduct, concerning payments to agents.

The Regulatory Commission found the League Two club guilty of paying agents via a third party, but insisted there was no evidence of bungs.

Former chairman Bill Tomlins has been banned from football for five years and fined £15,000.

Three other ex-directors have also been punished and six agents warned.

The part about their ex chairman being banned from football for five years may be relevant?

Last edited:
Re: Luton fines and deducted points

They could also be deducted more points, something to do with when they went into admin, so if they get 15 points deducted like Leeds, they will be -25 at the start of the season ...... crikey!

They could also be deducted more points, something to do with when they went into admin, so if they get 15 points deducted like Leeds, they will be -25 at the start of the season ...... crikey!

It's all punishment for them having a plastic pitch and trying to ban away fans. They had it coming!!

I think its about time the FL woke up and stuck the points deduction up their arses and think of another way to punish naughty clubs. At the end of the day its the fans who suffer.

terrible news, looks like they could well be heading out of the football league full stop, must be shit to be a Luton fan at the moment.

terrible news, looks like they could well be heading out of the football league full stop, must be shit to be a Luton fan at the moment.
my point exactly TS.

Look at the teams who have been deducted, they usually go down or even worse look at Boston Utd and Halifax

Are they still in Administration? If they are not then those that took them over never banked on this I am sure. :icon_conf

Yes they are, though a new consortium is apparently on the verge of doing a deal. It could be that this puts them off.

As BG says, this whole points deduction thing needs looking at - the people responsible get tiny fines while the club & its fans get destroyed. I know we all wallowed in schadenfreude when it happened to Leeds, but IMO it was wrong, though what this demonstrates is that penalties of this sort will always bear harder on the smaller club.

But I suppose that fits in with current football ethos - to those who have will be given more, from those who have not will be taken away even that little which they do have.

Yes they are, though a new consortium is apparently on the verge of doing a deal. It could be that this puts them off.

As BG says, this whole points deduction thing needs looking at - the people responsible get tiny fines while the club & its fans get destroyed. I know we all wallowed in schadenfreude when it happened to Leeds, but IMO it was wrong, though what this demonstrates is that penalties of this sort will always bear harder on the smaller club.

But I suppose that fits in with current football ethos - to those who have will be given more, from those who have not will be taken away even that little which they do have.

Terrible decision, the club, fans and new owners punished for the actions of their predecessors, wonder if the powers at be would be so harsh on a bigger name club. You really do have to feel for the poor supporters, after listening to Nick Owen (The new Chairman) it is unlikely to deter their ambition and drive to rebuild the club.

Last edited:
Have I ever mentioned that I've scored in both goals at Kenilworth road??..............:015::015:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566