Luton sinking without trace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Bob

Boss Blackwell resigns from Luton

Luton Town manager Kevin Blackwell has resigned from the financially stricken League One club which is currently in administration, it has emerged.

Blackwell will depart after the home game against Bournemouth on 9 February, reports BBC Three Counties Radio.

His assistant Sam Ellis and head coach John Carver will also be leaving.
The administrator has agreed to sell key players without consulting the management. Five players are leaving while three others are under offer.

Midfielder David Edwards, 21, is joining Wolves for £675,000 and defender Chris Coyne, 29, heads for Colchester for £350,000.

Midfielder Ahmet Brkovic, 33, has made his loan move to Millwall permanent.
Lewis Emanuel and Ed Asafu-Adjaye have gone on loan to Lincoln and Salisbury respectively, while bids have been lodged for three other players.
I feel sorry for them.

Honestly.

And recently we thought we had problems.

I wonder if Eric Morcambe could see the funny side of it?

He did said he could see a funny side in anything

I hope all of the players and staff involved at Liverpool FC are hanging their heads in shame.

This is all their fault, nobody else's. Evil feckers.

Not just Liverpool all the clubs should support Luton as happened in the past with Brighton, etc that were saved after massive support from the football world as well as the local community. Poor old Eric Morecombe must be turning in his grave no more "sunshine" soon as Luton could be as dead as he is!!

Not just Liverpool all the clubs should support Luton

why? does that not encourage every team to be reckless as other teams will come in and bail them out. after the way they went on with liverpool in the FA cup they lost any respect from me and can now sink and die, its not like anyone would miss them

Luton voted for the 10 point deduction. :icon_wink

Saw an interview with the administrator, and by selling these players he's brought enough money to to make sure Luton can see out the season.

TBH I don't know what Blackwell etc can argue about. The easiest way for a club in those financial difficulties to raise funds is by selling the players.

All the Administrator was doing his job. All well and good people complaining about thep layers being sold but when it's that or not have a club anymore what choice can there be?

Saw an interview with the administrator, and by selling these players he's brought enough money to to make sure Luton can see out the season.

TBH I don't know what Blackwell etc can argue about. The easiest way for a club in those financial difficulties to raise funds is by selling the players.

All the Administrator was doing his job. All well and good people complaining about thep layers being sold but when it's that or not have a club anymore what choice can there be?

None. :icon_wink

I think the issue was that he wasn't informed of them going, don't think he was chuffed about hearing about the bids in the press rather than being told by the administrators. Think he is annoyed that Luton's crap financial situation wasnt made clear when he took the job! He said in an interview on SSN that why would he stay at a club where he isnt being paid and isnt being told what is happening with the team. Fair do's IMO.

Doesn't matter whether he was informed or not!

Once in administration none of the staff have much involvement on any of the decisions the Administrator will make, hence in most instances, all the players will be put onto the transfer list.

The manager can not turn round to the Admin people and say 'hang on a mo, we don't want you to sell that player' it's not their choice or place to make that decision.

It's up to the Administrators whether they want to keep the coaching staff informed of what's happening, but they don't HAVE to do so.

Their job is to do whatever they can to stop the 'business' from going under if that is at all possible, and if that means selling players and not seeing if it's ok with the coaching staff then so be it.

Doesn't matter whether he was informed or not!

Once in administration none of the staff have much involvement on any of the decisions the Administrator will make, hence in most instances, all the players will be put onto the transfer list.

The manager can not turn round to the Admin people and say 'hang on a mo, we don't want you to sell that player' it's not their choice or place to make that decision.

It's up to the Administrators whether they want to keep the coaching staff informed of what's happening, but they don't HAVE to do so.

Their job is to do whatever they can to stop the 'business' from going under if that is at all possible, and if that means selling players and not seeing if it's ok with the coaching staff then so be it.

I agree with all that you say, but i would think that he wanted to be informed that bids were in for certain players and that they would be accepted. As KB isn't being paid and not being told which players are being sold, im not surprised he has walked out.

I agree with all that you say, but i would think that he wanted to be informed that bids were in for certain players and that they would be accepted. As KB isn't being paid and not being told which players are being sold, im not surprised he has walked out.

He has hedged his bets actually. He could stay until the end of the season and leave then. He has not 'walked away' and will be in the dug-out tonight, doubtless complaining about the administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669