Luton Town Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
The Defence is a fecking shambles as well,its no good playing Maybury left back it just doesn't work.It might be an idea to play Stearman Centre Half and see how he gets on rather than assume he can't play there yet and its too early to just give up on Gilbert.

I agree really... I want to see Stearman playing, but if it means Maybury out of position and out of the game on the left, it doesn't really make sense. McCarthy's sounded a bit dodgy, so Stearman at CB could be a good idea to try.

I think we need to change things around for the game against Hull. I'd like to see Hamill play, as I hear he did well against Bury, and so far are wingers are creating nothing.

Listening to Levein at least he realises that it wasn't good enough,he's not hiding from the fact.Looks like there will be changes come Monday.

Who are these Wankers who send these messages into Radio Leicester...really constuctive aren't they?

Certainly dont see how Levein thinks playing maybury on the left is the best for the team. we are stronger when he plays in his possition. Levein has to make a decision on who he wants to play right back. its a tough decision but thats his job. No more maybury on the left please. mcarthy sounded dodgy against crewe aswell. needs to change for hull. and as for Dublin playing as first choice striker, fecking no brainer. DC has only ever played well when he is not paired with DD, hes done especially well with MDV, dublin dosn't suit his style of play. and hes 36. SORT IT GEEEEZER

highland fox said:
Who are these Wankers who send these messages into Radio Leicester...really constuctive aren't they?

what did they say?

diabolical

We were poor today, but again had enough chances to win it. Their keeper made a few good saves, but he shouldn't have been able to stop them, poor finishing. Dublin had a header flying in but was deflected wide and god knows how it hit the post in injury time. It didn't help that the ref was an absolute BOLLOCK, didn't give us a thing. Luton were diving and rolling around. Sylla, Stearman, Joey were shocking. Elvis looks a good player untill he gets near the box. It was our worst performance so far, but we've played well enough in previous games to but this down as a one off. hopefully(!)

is it a fox? said:
We were poor today, but again had enough chances to win it. It was our worst performance so far, but we've played well enough in previous games to but this down as a one off. hopefully(!)

Back in the real world we have taken 5 points out of 15 and won one game in 5 - 3 of which have been at home.

The squad is full of new players and is currently only strong enough to provide a team that will bobble about in mid-table. Give it a year or so to settle down.

We were shocking today, we lacked the movement, pace and penetration of the previous matches, but I tend to agree that it is hopefully a one off. What fustrated me the most was how we seemed to by pass midfield by continually lumping the ball up to Dublin. Connolly was anonymous, very disappointed by his contribution, didnt seem as lively as previous games.

The whole team seemed a little flat, maybe even a little tired, this is where the injuries will bite, CL would probably have liked the opportunity to freshen things up but at the moment his options are limited.

However I refuse to press the panic button, whilst we were poor today, we have shown enough in the other matches to show what this team is capable of and the levels of performance expected. This was one game, and whilst it was fustrating I see no reason for the fickle boneheads to start their Levein Out campaign. We still have a number of players to come back to full fitness like Gerrbrand, Kisnorbo and Hughes, once these players are back this will increase the options and competition for places. I am also heartned to hear CL's comments, he acknowledges we were awful, he is not hiding behind excuses, I fully expect a positive response from the players and who better to get the full force of a City backlash than Peter Taylor !

I have just seen the highlights on ITV and to be honest it looked like we played out of our skin. Williams looked outstanding in midfield and Dublin, especially in the second half, looked really good. Maybe if i was at the game i would have thought differently but had it not been for some superb goalkeeping, crap and unlucky finishing i think we would have walked it.
they only showed 2 efforts at goal by Luton and those were the goals. certainly didnt look as though we missed De Vries.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I fully expect a positive response from the players and who better to get the full force of a City backlash than Peter Taylor !

And I fully expect a routine home win.

Its going to take some time for things to improve. I am disappointed by the defence which I thought would be quite sound but it we are leaking an average 2 goals a game - that means you finish in the bottom half of the table.

chrislcfc18 said:
I have just seen the highlights on ITV and to be honest it looked like we played out of our skin. Williams looked outstanding in midfield and Dublin, especially in the second half, looked really good. Maybe if i was at the game i would have thought differently but had it not been for some superb goalkeeping, crap and unlucky finishing i think we would have walked it.
they only showed 2 efforts at goal by Luton and those were the goals. certainly didnt look as though we missed De Vries.

I think the ITV editors may have done us a favour there. Maybe he is a LCFC fan.;)

is it a fox? said:
the ref was an absolute BOLLOCK.
Sylla, Stearman, Joey were shocking.
the man in black was a cock, I don't think it's fair to highlight just 3 for being shite, no variation with corners, no imagination with attacks, maybe we needed an upset to kick start our season.....

If you want to see the highlights from the game click this link ;) and follow the instructions. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669