Pre Match Luton v Leicester (league Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shilton
Whitworth
Cross
Munro
Rofe
Sammels
Weller
Birchenall
Glover
Earle
Worthington

Oh how I love that line-up. Kids of today don't know what a proper football team is.

Definitely need to rest some players. Maddison for sure, Tielemans I thought looked knackered even by the end of the first half against Spurs, and Vardy is too important to play in a game against Luton that we should win easily - although Vardy is the hardest to leave out given our other striking options!

I'd go for:

Schmeichel
Justin, Morgan, Soyuncu (Benkovic if fit), Fuchs
Choudhury, Praet
Albrighton, Barnes, Gray
Perez

All players that have been involved this season (other than Justin) and will all have important parts to play. It rests important players but still is a strong team.

Could play Ward instead of Kasper, but pretty sure Kasper started the last game so suspect he will again.

I'd also consider Nacho up front and Perez as the 10 and probably Barnes dropping to the bench, but Nacho seems to be well out of the squad now so can't seem him being involved here.

Definitely need to rest some players. Maddison for sure, Tielemans I thought looked knackered even by the end of the first half against Spurs, and Vardy is too important to play in a game against Luton that we should win easily - although Vardy is the hardest to leave out given our other striking options!

I'd go for:

Schmeichel
Choudhury, Praet
Albrighton, Barnes, Gray
Perez

All players that have been involved this season (other than Justin) and will all have important parts to play. It rests important players but still is a strong team.

Could play Ward instead of Kasper, but pretty sure Kasper started the last game so suspect he will again.

I'd also consider Nacho up front and Perez as the 10 and probably Barnes dropping to the bench, but Nacho seems to be well out of the squad now so can't seem him being involved here.
This is the one for me.

I'd go for:

Schmeichel
Choudhury, Praet
Albrighton, Barnes, Gray
Perez

Danny Ward has to play, he hasn't featured at all since the start of the season, not even an U23 game

Ward
Justin Evan's Morgan Fuchs
Choudhury
Albrighton Tielemans Praet
Gray
Vardy

**** rest, we are playing less by far than all the top 8 clubs. Get a good team out and get into the next round. Try to get Justin, Praet, Tielemans, Albrighton and Gray into form

**** rest, we are playing less by far than all the top 8 clubs. Get a good team out and get into the next round. Try to get Justin, Praet, Tielemans, Albrighton and Gray into form
it's not about resting players it's about getting some match time for others

This team is more than good enough to see off a struggling Championship side who probably won't put out their strongest team. All but Thomas are knocking on the door of the match day squad of the team currently third in the EPL, at the very least. If Benkovic isn't fit, I'd give Johnson a chance.

Ward

Justin Morgan Benkovic Fuchs

Mendy Praet

Grey Thomas Albrighton

Iheanacho​

Was it Weller (hilarious, Frank Sinclair eat your heart out, o.g) or Weller (Volleyed, Lil Nalis eat your heart out, goal).?

It's Keith Weller running forward with the ball and either sliding it to Frank or just putting into the opponents goal himself. Nice.

The game after this is on Sunday afternoon, four and a half days away, so resting players for that is of little concern. Apart from Maddison.
I didn’t like the look of Maddison’s injury. He may well be doubtful for the Newcastle game. He has been pivotal in most of our play. We need to experience playing without him.
Therefore I would play the strongest team possible less Maddison. Hopefully, we will be coasting it and then can bring on some of the fringe players. Like Justin, especially as it his old club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363