Confirmed Transfer Mads Hermansen

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City Football Club can today confirm the addition of goalkeeper Mads Hermansen Danish Superliga outfit Brøndby IF, subject to league and Visa clearance.

The 23-year-old arrives at King Power Stadium having agree a five-year deal with the Club and following 70 senior appearances for Brøndby IF - 11 of which came in European competition during his four years in professional football.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Hermansen said: “I’m very, very proud to be here. It’s a big moment for me and my family and I’m very happy. I’m really looking forward to getting started. Leicester is a very big club. It has so much potential.

“I’ve played two full seasons for Brøndby. I think I developed in a very good way and I’m looking forward to taking the next steps with Leicester. I really like to be on the ball. I like to play and be, as much as I can, in the game.”

The shot-stopper, who began his youth career at Næsby Boldklub, joined Brøndby in 2015 and first broke into the senior environment as a 19-year-old in 2019. Hermanson has since made 36 appearances in the Danish top-flight, as well as a further 20 in the Superliga Championship rounds.

Hermansen arrives on Filbert Way as a Danish Superliga title winner having helped his club to silverware in the 2020/21 campaign. He built on that success with a sequence of stellar performances the following campaign – leading to him being named as the club's Player of the Season.

On the World stage, he has represented Denmark at various youth levels from Under-16 to Under-19 and was called up to the senior Denmark squad for the UEFA Euro 2024 qualifying matches in June 2023 against Northern Ireland and Slovenia.

Hermansen will now immediately link up with his new teammates in Leicestershire as preparations continue for the upcoming 2023/24 Sky Bet Championship campaign, beginning at home to Coventry City on Sunday 6 August (12pm kick-off).

I imagine it'll be easier to sell Iverson than Ward for a fee, but at least one of them should go out the door now

I imagine it'll be easier to sell Iverson than Ward for a fee, but at least one of them should go out the door now

Iversen will probably want to leave more as i think he wants to play.

I would think so, he's at the age where goalkeepers seem to either break into a team or decide to be eternal reserves. He did a great job at Preston, so I'm sure someone in this division with a need for an out and out stopper would jump at the chance to sign him

I genuinely can’t fathom a single club looking at Ward and saying - he’s our answer.

I think if we want to get shot of him, it’s a free transfer. Probably stuck with him as our number 2.

Iversen has some qualities, clubs will come for him and we should facilitate that.

Seems a bit harsh on Iversen as I thought he would have been good enough for us at this level.

2 of Ward, Iversen and Stolarcyzk (something like that) need to move on now though.

Ward definitely needs to be one of them, surely one of these Saudi teams is looking for an international level goalkeeper.

Seems a bit harsh on Iversen as I thought he would have been good enough for us at this level

I've read some puzzled Danish fans saying that Iversen is the better keeper of the two.

It seems that goalkeeping is now all about the feet and much less about hands.

We have more goal keepers than wingers/strikers.

I'd just assumed Smithers was on a 1 year deal and had left.....haha, what a club.

Crikey... a Championship club with five goalkeepers. And to think, it wasn't so long ago that Smithies was highly-rated. He's only 33 now and that's not old for a goalkeeper.

Average keepers as far as the eye can see

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464