Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is also why I think he'll play a blinder on Natioanl TV today even with the 7 people marking him.

It'll be at least 10 people. Vardy will be marked by a further 3. Should free up some space, maybe we should let Gray occupy another 4 or 5 on the opposite wing.

Reactions: FIF
It'll be at least 10 people. Vardy will be marked by a further 3. Should free up some space, maybe we should let Gray occupy another 4 or 5 on the opposite wing.
Crazy talk

If he wants away, that is fine, but he has partly become great because he was with us, so we have increased his value.

If there is no selling trigger clause then I say bench him if no-one comes in with at least £50million, and he spits his dummy out.

We do not need to sell him and his £5million wages is not much if we are holding out on a difference of valuation of at least £20million.

So many of you are so bitter towards the greatest player we have ever seen in a Leicester shirt.

What a joke. I though BN was being a little over dramatic when he used the phrase '...some of you don't deserve him'; I think, in a way, he is exactly right.

He is worth £50 million of anyone's money**

**excluding monster munch packs of course**

I would love him to stay. He is probably the most skilful player to have worn our shirt in at least the last 30 years, even better than the legend that is Muzzy!

If wants away so be it. We cannot guarantee CL football every year like some clubs can, if that is what he wants.

I do believe though he has become a valuable asset because of the play we played him last year and so we should not let him go just he wants to go, unless it is for a fee reflective of the current market, and my best guess makes that starting at £50million+.

So many of you are so bitter towards the greatest player we have ever seen in a Leicester shirt.

What a joke. I though BN was being a little over dramatic when he used the phrase '...some of you don't deserve him'; I think, in a way, he is exactly right.

I don't see the bitterness that you talk of and everyone wants him to stay and play with us.

Are you suggesting we should let him go cheaply because he had a good season with us?

Who's bitter?

I can't blame him for wanting to leave, he's far too good for us when he's playing at his best. But he should have either left last summer, or given a **** this season. Not just knock £20m off his transfer fee and take £100k a week for strolling around like some sort of show pony.

....or given a **** this season. Not just knock £20m off his transfer fee and take £100k a week for strolling around like some sort of show pony.

My god, he actually believes that rubbish himself...

No bitterness at all here.

Perhaps a different word may suit. Would 'dissmissiveness' be better? There are lots of opinions presented as fact however.

I can't be bothered arguing, but Mahrez wouldn't be the first player to have an under-par season and adapt brilliantly at the same club the season after, many have and many will. Some fans, however, seem to want rid far too quickly. Imagine if Chelsea had rid themselves of Hazard last season....

Who's bitter?

I can't blame him for wanting to leave, he's far too good for us when he's playing at his best. But he should have either left last summer, or given a **** this season. Not just knock £20m off his transfer fee and take £100k a week for strolling around like some sort of show pony.

That would apply to all of them except Schmeichel. Even when he is playing at his best Mahrez is high maintenance. At least in the last few months he has started to help out in defence instead of just sitting on the wing with his markers.

I don't see the bitterness that you talk of and everyone wants him to stay and play with us.

Are you suggesting we should let him go cheaply because he had a good season with us?
No. Where did you infer that rubbish?

There's also the bit of the interview where, when asked if he can do that with Leicester, he replied "Why not, we'll see"

Mahrez has been here for three and a half years. I wasn't sold on him at all in that first half season. I thought he was another luxury type player (like his buddy Knockaert).

In our first season in the Premier League, he was pretty much exactly the same as this season. He occasionally did something superb but, more often, drifted in and out of games. Despite this, he won me over in that first season. I loved his style, his balance, his technique, and his unpredictability.

Last year, he was sensational. Beyond anything I thought he was capable of. It's also important to say that he's 26 and has had one spectacular season. Everything else he's done has been just like this year.

I don't agree that he's not trying or he's playing within himself. He's clearly frustrated that the magic isn't as prevalent as it was last season. We all are. But he's not taking the piss. He's a superb talent but someone you have to accept isn't going to be exceptional every time he plays.

I love him to bits and accept his inconsistency. I'll maybe even shed a tear if he leaves this summer. I cannot really understand why anyone feels differently.

No bitterness at all here.

Perhaps a different word may suit. Would 'dissmissiveness' be better? There are lots of opinions presented as fact however.

I can't be bothered arguing, but Mahrez wouldn't be the first player to have an under-par season and adapt brilliantly at the same club the season after, many have and many will. Some fans, however, seem to want rid far too quickly. Imagine if Chelsea had rid themselves of Hazard last season....

Hazard had the prospect of looking at this season with a squad and new manager to compete to match his ambition. I can't imagine we'll attract someone to help us match Mahrez's ambitions next season. I think it's best all round if he looks to join someone he would feel suited to.

Another great performance from the greatest player to ever wear a Leicester shirt.

Another great performance from the greatest player to ever wear a Leicester shirt.
He was perfectly fine today. Better than most. Of course, it's fashionable to make him the scapegoat even when there's no sense to it.

I thought he played well, penalty aside.

Cleared on our own goal line, won the penalty and created several good openings.

People have their opinions. The thread has become pointless.
He did. That will be almost universally agreed by pundits alike regardless of whether people care about their opinions or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566