managers or players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FantasyFox

Hello TB'ers,

Having read the posts on this site for a good few years now, I've decided to post. Not wanting to start another thread about who will take over as manager, I'd like to find out what people think we a manager or new squad or even if it matters, it's mostly luck anyhow.

Who is to blame for the shocking football that we have had to endure over the years since O'Neill left and particularly recently? The managers or the players?

Even the mediocre players during the O'Neill era have been/were successful not because they were gifted but because they had learnt that the will to win, passion, determination, the refusal to give up resulted in successes beyond their talent deserved and they learnt to apply this for every game. The Fergusons and O'Neills of this world are the managers that understand this. The O'Neill years were full of players that had this ethos. Was that luck or something that O'Neill planned?

Since O'Neill left we've had some players with a history of success, including England internationals (Keown? Wise?) that came here and were bonk. Were these players over the hill, undermotivated, rubbish or mismanaged. We've all seen glimpses of the talent in the present squad produced in big games, cup matches (Villa) and against strong sides (Watford) AND we've all seen the lacklustre pish we get served up for the rest of it.

Do we need new players that can consistently perform to a high standard or do we need a manager that can motivate this rabble to greater efforts? I thought MA2 was on the right road but obviously MM thought he was a mentalist....the ideal requirement to manage under MM in my opinion.

I think we have the core of a good team all we need now is a motivator, someone with spirit, zest, lemon freshness. Someone like Graham Taylor.:icon_roll

Does anyone think that if O'Neill came back he could take this squad and get us promoted? Does anyone care anymore? I need a crap and my typing finger is bleeding. Maybe that's for another thread.

Hello TB'ers,

Hello. :039: :039: :039: :039:

Neither. It has all been down to money and we have ended up with what we can afford. Bog all. :icon_sad: :icon_conf :icon_conf

Look at the top half of the table though. Lots of teams that have spent less than us.

not enough money? poor decisions on player quality? or poor management of the footballing side of things?

I think the players we've got have shown enough quality just not often enough and i put that down to the managers. Obviously we have some exceptions.

Welcome aboard FantasyFox!

I think its because the Walkers ground was built on an ancient Red Indian burial ground.

The whole staduim should be moved, brick by brick, back to Filbert street, where it belongs....

I think its because the Walkers ground was built on an ancient Red Indian burial ground.

The whole staduim should be moved, brick by brick, back to Filbert street, where it belongs....

There is a serious point hidden beneath your wit: if our home form was moderately successful, we would at least have made mid table over the last few years.
I get to see very few matches now: is there a problem with the stadium? - I have seen, elsewhere, an arguement for moving the kop. We have excellent home attendences but it doesn't seem to motivate the players. WHY?

There is a serious point hidden beneath your wit: if our home form was moderately successful, we would at least have made mid table over the last few years.
I get to see very few matches now: is there a problem with the stadium? - I have seen, elsewhere, an arguement for moving the kop. We have excellent home attendences but it doesn't seem to motivate the players. WHY?

It has nothing to do with the position of the Kop, all the noise eminating from NBlock scares the players

Don't mention the HOODOO!

The problem isn't with the stadium, it's with society. All joking aside, the 'atmosphere' at Filbert St came from generations of working class males getting lashed and launching as much venom verbally and physically at their opponents on a saturday afternoon as they could, to the point of violence in some cases. The reason that it was intimidating was because there was a real threat to both opposing fans and players. Pitch invasions, coins, chairs etc.

Now, ruling out a return to our tribal and socially unacceptable roots the best we can hope for is that more emotionally crippled male fans start chanting at games. And i believe that the best way to do that is to fuel them with lager. I suggest that the club adds £50 to a season ticket and provides beer vouchers for each game. No one may watch the game unless they swear lots and gesture aggressively at the away fans - MINIMUM.

Don't mention the HOODOO!

The problem isn't with the stadium, it's with society. All joking aside, the 'atmosphere' at Filbert St came from generations of working class males getting lashed and launching as much venom verbally and physically at their opponents on a saturday afternoon as they could, to the point of violence in some cases. The reason that it was intimidating was because there was a real threat to both opposing fans and players. Pitch invasions, coins, chairs etc.

Now, ruling out a return to our tribal and socially unacceptable roots the best we can hope for is that more emotionally crippled male fans start chanting at games. And i believe that the best way to do that is to fuel them with lager. I suggest that the club adds £50 to a season ticket and provides beer vouchers for each game. No one may watch the game unless they swear lots and gesture aggressively at the away fans - MINIMUM.

Genius. Fantasy Fox for manager! (And his fit wife for DoF ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669