Manchester United appoint Louis van Gaal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Officially confirmed. Giggs to be his assistant.

Will it end it disappointment like the appointment of Moyes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Giggs to be a pointless figurehead to give the illusion of continuity to thick as pigshit Utd fans is probably the truth of it.That team & club is in more need of a complete clearout & rebuild than at any time in the last 20 years.The last time they were in this situation was 40 years ago & their refusal to recognise it saw them relegated.Obviously that's virtually impossible these days but the modern equivalent would be failure to qualify for the CL for say 3 seasons.

The parallels with the end of the Busby era are there for all to see & those who fail to learn the lessons of history are condemned to repeat it.

Of course I wish it WAS possible for the fall from grace to be as total as it was in the 70s.Watching Utd get relegated would be too fabulous for words & I would laugh until I shat myself were it to happen.
But I'll settle for another couple of seasons of the hilarious bitching & moaning from their ****wit fan base.

With Van Gaal keen on discipline, and a probable change of captaincy from Rooney to Van Persie I wonder how long it will be before Wayne chucks his toys out of the pram, I'll give him 3 months

Fact is nobody wants Rooney.Remember all that fuss last time when he was supposed to be on the verge of leaving? Only Chelsea were reported as being interested & that was half-hearted.Continental clubs wouldn't touch him with somebody else's bargepole as they know full well how overhyped & overrated he is for the stupid money he'd command.Basically there isn't a top level club anywhere that couldn't get better for less so he'd have to drop down a level.The ego isn't ready for that yet so Utd are stuck with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669