Mandaric bid to be rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldGit

Mandarics is the only bid in (that we have been told of) He wants to rip the heart out of the club, sell the training ground and all the players, before he dies and leaves us millions in debt - the club will decide next week if they fancy that.

Bardon are waiting in the wings to turn us in to the tigers play thing before moving us to Welford road and the Tigers to the walkers before shagging every supporter up the arse 3 times a week - the board dont even know how to release a statement about this.

Its great this investment lark.

:038: :038:

You forgot to add that the existing board are intent on selling their shares at 5x face value to the mothers union, and that Michael Jackson & Bubbles are locked in a fight to the death with Bill Gates' charitable trust as to who will recue us from third world poverty.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
You usually carry out due diligence before making a bid - you know exactly what you are buying (i.e. long-term sponsorship contracts, all sort of confidential stuff ), and can make your offer based on that. The bid ( if any ) will come after due diligence. It appears Mandy has made a bid of sorts without carrying out due dilligence. If that is true, he seems a bit a an idiot to me, unless he was trying to get the fans on his side before any other bidders could get their PR machines into action.

I guess you are right, although I thought due diligence was carried out after a bid personally.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
'Due diligence is usually carried out after you have made an in-principle commitment to proceed with your advisers, and is completed before the production of the prospectus and other documentation involved in the flotation. The agreement reached with your advisers should specify how much due diligence is to be carried out and should estimate how much it is going to cost'

western road

So in a space of a week he(mandaric) has gone from a saviour to a rsole without exactly knowing any of the bid that he's put forward hdq ..all businessmen are in on every deal they can, provided it suits their pockets.

Yorkshire Vixen

So in a space of a week he(mandaric) has gone from a saviour to a rsole without exactly knowing any of the bid that he's put forward hdq ..all businessmen are in on every deal they can, provided it suits their pockets.

who said football fans were fickle :102: :)

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.

Some people seemed to think he was going to be a benefactor when of course he is merely an investor.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The club has released the following statement - doesn't really tell us anything new though:

The Board of Directors at Leicester City has for a considerable while been exploring all avenues of generating increased investment into the football club.

Earlier this week the Board received a formal offer from Milan Mandaric to purchase the club.

The Board welcomes the interest of Mr Mandaric as a potential investor and acknowledges his track record in football over three decades in North America and Europe and, most recently, his successful term as chairman at Portsmouth .

The Board, which is elected by 47 shareholders, has and will always continue to act in the best interests of the football club.

This is an extremely important time for the football club and any decisions must be taken in a careful and measured manner.

The 47 shareholders rescued the club from administration three years ago and remain totally committed to safeguarding and developing the future of the club.

Members of the Board will meet with Mr Mandaric and continue to explore the other options open to it.

Real Sharapova

'Due diligence is usually carried out after you have made an in-principle commitment to proceed with your advisers, and is completed before the production of the prospectus and other documentation involved in the flotation. The agreement reached with your advisers should specify how much due diligence is to be carried out and should estimate how much it is going to cost'

Exactly, it's after you have indicated you are serious about a bid, but before you've given a firm figure as to what that bid will be.

Steven

Where is there an Accountant when you need one? :icon_roll :icon_conf Could it not be the case that it is more tax efficient to loan City the money rather than issue new share capital which I presume is meant by investing in the Club? :102: :102:

Real Sharapova

Where is there an Accountant when you need one? :icon_roll :icon_conf Could it not be the case that it is more tax efficient to loan City the money rather than issue new share capital which I presume is meant by investing in the Club? :102: :102:
Accountant speaking: If he's going to charge interest, it's better as a loan. However, there are various other reasons Capital Gains Tax-wise where it could be better via share capital. Therefore, I cannot give you an answer ( unless you want to take me on as a consultant for a couple of weeks at £80 per hour;) ).

OldGit

Call for Mr RS! ;)

edit - oh, he's already there!

Last edited:

Steven

Accountant speaking: If he's going to charge interest, it's better as a loan. However, there are various other reasons Capital Gains Tax-wise where it could be better via share capital. Therefore, I cannot give you an answer ( unless you want to take me on as a consultant for a couple of weeks at £80 per hour;) ).

It would be interesting to know where he and the companies he uses for this kind of thing are domiciled. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669