Mandaric bid to be rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I saw a quote from somewhere (Deloittes?) that although it's always hard to judge the value of a club, based on other recent sales, the value of Leicester is probably around £30 million. There's been no hint that the shareholders are looking for that money.

I've seen a couple of repirts about this and none of them value us as high as that. The figure of 10million was the highest quoted. The implication was that if we owned the stadium it would rise to a figure of that region.

Too be honest, until any investment / takeover deal is concluded, we are going to be subject to rumour, counter rumour, opinion and counter opinion and much of this will be conducted through the various media outlets available to all parties. What I think we have to do is try and maintain a sense of reality and impartiality, the bid that is successful must be what is in the best long term interests of the club.

I also think we have to base our opinions on fact not hearsay, and at present I am afraid that most of us can only base our opinions on snippets being drip fed to the media. It is going to be a frustating time for us supporters.

Last edited:
Too be honest, until any investment / takeover deal is concluded, we are going to be subject to rumour, counter rumour, opinion and counter opinion and much of this will be conducted through the various media outlets available to all parties. What I think we have to do is try and maintain a sense of reality and impartiality, the bid that is successful must be what is in the best long term interests of the club.

Well said. :038:

Mandaric has only said he has made 'a fair and generous offer' - It's the media who have been touting the £25m offer.

It's far too early for it to be immediately dismissed IMO.

Last edited:
If you read the article it says (Qoute) but sources close to the deal insist the bid is significantly less than the £6.6m invested to rescue the Championship club from collapse four years ago.This may mean that he has only offered to buy out the shareholders at less than they paid and hasn't offered anything for the ground and also has made no specific gaurantees about what he will invest. I think that we shouldn't be blinded here by the pound signs and let the board do their job. As for the comment about speaking with the press, isn't that what MM is doing?

Two wrongs don't make a right, though

Mandaric is clearly trying to put pressure on the Board by getting the fans on his side with promises of "re-awakening" blah blah blah. It's a bit naughty, but you can hardly blame him. If he is actually trying to rip us off, then the details will eventually come out when this whole thing is done and dusted, and the Board would be fully vindicated or villified as appropriate

By conducting business in the media, we look like a bunch of amateur fools - and may deter other interested parties

I agree about keeping it out of the media but what do you mean about the Wildebeest?

Thinks we are in trouble and he can get us on the cheap, though we are the most financially stable we have been for 5 years. He missed the boat if he thinks that is the case!!

What pisses me right off is the fact that they've gone squealing to a journalist about it. Any conversations like this should be had behind closed doors - it is a pathetic (and typical) way to do business of this scale and importance
Fully agree. It suggest that one man didn't get what he expected and decided to stir it up through the media. Is he really the type of shareholder we want. This should be handled in house and a statement made by the board to show unity. It's the club that matters long term not someones ego.

Well said Lbro. Also we should be aware that the board cannot inform the other 3 bidders of what is on the table from MM. So by "having a press leak" they can do this. A bit naughty but maybe nessesary

Well said Lbro. Also we should be aware that the board cannot inform the other 3 bidders of what is on the table from MM. So by "having a press leak" they can do this. A bit naughty but maybe nessesary

And if anything scare all the other proposed bidders off because of the way we conduct our buisiness in the media. One way to make yourself look amateurish.

What us supporters must do is stay out of this and in no way try and influence the boards decision, we are not in possession of all the details or opportunities open and available to the shareholders and we therefore cannot allow ourselves to be carried away on a wave of emotion fuelled by media quotations of returns to the 'big time' or 'where we rightfully belong'.

Without a full knowledge and understanding of the implications of each investment opportunity it would be foolish and irresponsible for us to try and influence or favour any of the individuals bids.

What us supporters must do is stay out of this and in no way try and influence the boards decision, we are not in possession of all the details or opportunities open and available to the shareholders and we therefore cannot allow ourselves to be carried away on a wave of emotion fuelled by media quotations of returns to the 'big time' or 'where we rightfully belong'.

Without a full knowledge and understanding of the implications of each investment opportunity it would be foolish and irresponsible for us to try and influence or favour any of the individuals bids.

But surely the shareholders should do the same and not conduct the clubs dealing in this matter in the media. This was done as well to get the fans to turn as most of them are well in favour of the MM bid as now. He's the only one who has openly put his bid in and revealed to the public what it is. The one only thing we don't know what his terms are.

And it appears at the moment that is one man who is doing this.

No, two - you haven't included Mandy, who started the " negotiation via the press " malarky. He didn't make the money he is supposed to have made by playing clean. The more I hear of him, the less I like the cut of his jib.

The board surely had wind of what the bid would involve before yesterday?

Not necessarily, he may well have had to put his financing together in a hurry - he is quoted as saying he has had to bid earlier than he would have liked to. Also, you don't show all your hand until you make the formal bid.

Last edited:
the MM bid as now. He's the only one who has openly put his bid in and revealed to the public what it is. The one only thing we don't know what his terms are.

He hasn't revealed what it is. He's had cronies leak £25 million and it now seems apparent it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669