Mandaric - I Almost Quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ched

Milan Mandaric has admitted he was so shocked to be caught up in the investigation into corruption in football that he considered walking away from the game.

The Leicester chairman was one of five men to be arrested and questioned by police earlier this week.

Mandaric fully co-operated with the anti-corruption unit but he concedes that it was one of the worst moments of his career in football.

"It is extremely hard to find the words to describe how I felt and still feel," he told the Sunday Mirror.

"It was humiliating, embarrassing and made me feel completely sick to my stomach.

Difficult

"Naturally I have had my ups and downs in the game following three decades of involvement in football, but being arrested and facing unfair slurs and accusations is difficult to deal with.

"I would be a liar if there wasn't a fleeting moment when I thought 'to hell with this, I'm done with football'.

"But the people who know me know I have strong characteristics and I would rather confront a problem than walk away from it."

Mandaric is angry that his reputation has been damaged but is determined to clear his name.

He explained: "I have always condemned corruption in the game and campaigned to ensure it was cleaned up, so the last thing I expected was to become embroiled in an investigation.

"It goes without saying that I fully support the authorities, but I know I've done absolutely nothing wrong and I know I will be vindicated when this investigation is finally completed."

I think all Leicester fans are behind Milan.
I don't know the facts, I know nothing about MM's previous financial dealings, and I don't know MM personally.

If I were asked to be a character witness for him, I couldn't. Could you?

I don't know the facts, I know nothing about MM's previous financial dealings, and I don't know MM personally.

If I were asked to be a character witness for him, I couldn't. Could you?

depends how much i was offered to give the statement, if enough i could

Last edited:
Poor Milan.

As long as he hasn't done anything wrong then he's got nowt to worry about has he?

Let's be honest, when they were investigating the other stuff re:dodgy transfers we were all thinking that Pompey were bound to be one of the clubs involved. What would he had done if that had been proven?(still might, who knows!!)

I actually don't give a toss about what happened during his time at Pompey.......all I care about is that whatever happens, we aren't left in a worse mess whenever he decides to sell up.

And there's only one way that's gonna happen.
I wouldn't trust him at all, but we need the money he can provide.

I don't think anyone can really comment with any degree of certainty on this.I'm one of those that tend to believe that football is,has always been & always will be as bent as a nine bob note.Any industry with the amount of money washing about in it that football has always has the potential for corruption.Plus the sort of men who are football club chairmen usually have the kind of massive egos that tend toward thinking "I'm rich therefore the law doesn't apply to me" Either that or they genuinely believe they've done nothing wrong even when an objective view would suggest they have.
But as has been said,i couldn't give a flying feck about any of it as long is doesn't harm LCFC

He's as dodgy as feck and so is his cash.

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could piss.

He didn't consider quitting for one single second.

He just wants everyone to shit their pants at the thought of him leaving and then come back to realising he's actually the second coming of Christ.

He didn't consider quitting for one single second.

He just wants everyone to shit their pants at the thought of him leaving and then come back to realising he's actually the second coming of Christ.

Or feel sorry for him when he gets banged up and leaves us in the Sh1t

I can't believe they bothered to write a story about something that even Mandaric admits only passed through his mind for a fleeting second. We've all had fleeting thoughts about doing things we'd never really do. Haven't we?

The situation is simple. Milan like anyone else is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. Also I don't think anyone buys Leicester City or Portsmouth in order to get rich. You get rich in order to buy a football not the otherway round. Agents and players are in it for the money but not owners. Milan like Roman, is in it because football is the most exciting game in the world. Admittedly it is more exciting at the moment owning Chelsea than owning Leicester.

The situation is simple. Milan like anyone else is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. Also I don't think anyone buys Leicester City or Portsmouth in order to get rich. You get rich in order to buy a football not the otherway round. Agents and players are in it for the money but not owners. Milan like Roman, is in it because football is the most exciting game in the world. Admittedly it is more exciting at the moment owning Chelsea than owning Leicester.

A contender for most naive post ever?

Don't be silly - Milan is at Leicester for one thing and one thing only **£££££££££££££**

He knows that by paying 600k for us - loaning the club money and then flogging us on (should we reach the Premiership) for around the £30-£50 million mark is ridiculously good money. During which time all he will have actually spent is 600k as the rest is given to the club in the form of loans.

A contender for most naive post ever?

Don't be silly - Milan is at Leicester for one thing and one thing only **£££££££££££££**

He knows that by paying 600k for us - loaning the club money and then flogging us on (should we reach the Premiership) for around the £30-£50 million mark is ridiculously good money. During which time all he will have actually spent is 600k as the rest is given to the club in the form of loans.

But...but...but..what do you mean, he paid £25 million for Citeh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669