Mandaric to Sheffield Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one thank Mr Mandaric for stepping in and saving Leicester City Football Club. I think its pretty safe to say it was his goal to make money out the deal, but without his finance the club potentially wouldn't be around now.
As it stands, we are owned by a company with deep pockets who want to expand on to the global markets and as long as King Power continue to make hundreds of millions of pounds a year, LCFC is in pretty good hands..

How did he save us exactly?

without his finance the club potentially wouldn't be around now.

We don't know what would have happened if he hadn't taken over.
Without his money the club could be in the Premier League now.

As it stands, we are owned by a company with deep pockets who want to expand on to the global markets and as long as King Power continue to make hundreds of millions of pounds a year, LCFC is in pretty good hands..

Do you really think that King Power will continue to put money in if the club fails to get promoted within a couple of years and is losing tens of millions a year?
Most businesses that size would close down an operation that was losing that kind of money.

By buying the club, paying off the debts, buying back the stadium and generally pumping in money every year?

Wtf?! Are you just making things up?! He hasn't payed off the debts or bought the stadium back. :102: In fact it's almost certain that we have more debts now than when he came in.

And pumping money in every year is not necessarily a good thing, in fact if it fails to get us promoted (as it has done so far) then it could turn out to be a disastrous thing.

Last edited:
It's been confirmed now on Football Focus

Some Leicester fan commented on this Sheffield site and this was a Wednesday fan reply
Leicester....Leicester, were talking about the Owls now mate not some tin pot Midlands outfit.
:icon_eek:

The cheek of it. Ive set them straight!!!!

yeah picked up a club teetering on the edge of bankruptcy who had no money, and seriously on the verge of going under... i think for that, we should be thankful. He didn't need or have to do it. But he did... Leicester City FC are now more stable than they have ever been and need to capitalize on this and push for promotion...

How did he save us exactly?

He saved us from those do-gooders who took us out of administration.

Without him we'd have had to sell our best players - Hume, McAuley, McCarthy, Stearman, Mattock etc.

We'd be playing at Welford Road, with green and red seats and green and red shirts and changed our name to the Tigers if MM hadn't stepped in and stopped their evil plan.

Blahblahblah...saved the club...blahblahblah...invested in us...blahblahblah...would have gone bust...blahblahblah...on a better footing...blahblahblah...nice arse...blahblahblah...

:icon_roll

No he didn't, no we wouldn't, no he hasn't...etc.

circles.jpg

yeah picked up a club teetering on the edge of bankruptcy who had no money, and seriously on the verge of going under... i think for that, we should be thankful. He didn't need or have to do it. But he did... Leicester City FC are now more stable than they have ever been and need to capitalize on this and push for promotion...

It's debatable how close we were to bankruptcy when he took over and how much was propaganda for Mandaric taking over.

We have more money to spend now, yes, but we are certaintly not more stable financially. As said if we fail to get promoted soon we could be in much, much bigger trouble and much more closer to bankrupcy than we were when he took over.

Last edited:

I'm in broad agreement with you on this and so are thousands of others. You'll always get people who don't like the man, who think he's a fake and a charlatan. We'll never change those opinions.

Of course no one can say what would have happened without him. I feel we would still be in Division 1 and could even have sunk lower than that.

I thank him for all he has done for LCFC and wish him well.

Do you mean League One?

MM was one of the main reasons we got relegated, we might never have sunk that low if he'd not taken over.

Yes, Jeff, I meant League One. Even Ian Holloway couldn't keep us up. We may not have got relegated without MM but there is no way we would have got out of the Championship either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669