Mansfield Town - 21st July 2009 - 7.45pm (Pre season friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off:

7.45pm

Tickets:

£10 Adults
£5 concessions

Directions & Parking:

43 Miles - 1 hour

M1 north to J27, turn right signposted Mansfield. Follow A611 to junction with A60 and turn left. Follow this road into Mansfield. The ground is right next to the train station, which is very well signposted.

** Junction 25 - 27 on the M1 is not moving overly quick due to widening works, so bare this is mind **

There is a large car park at the train station which from memory is about £1.

Be careful not to park in the retail park, as they have restrictions in place and you may be clamped.

Trains:

An off peak day return is £11.40. (You are able to group save on this route if travelling in groups of 3 or 4)

1 change at Nottingham required. The train from Nottingham to Mansfield takes approx 40 minutes, and Mansfield trains leave Nottingham at 25 mins and 55 mins past the hour until 5.55pm where they become hourly.

Going back will not have you back in Leicester until a couple of minutes past midnight.

As mentioned above the station is only minutes from the ground.

Pubs:

Nothing immediately by the ground, however it's only a 5 minute walk from the station/ground in to the town where you will have the likes of Wetherspoons, Yates's etc on offer.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if anyone who stays to the final whistle will be able to get the 21.53 train.

its about 5 mins walk so you might just make it - you can see the ground from the station.

If anyone cant find the ground I'll be working in HMV in the 4 seasons shopping centre till half 5 then having a few in the weatherspoons pub on the market square (next to the town hall) until kick off (5 mins walk to the ground).

If anyone else is drinking/eating before the match theres not much near the ground except burger king and pizza hut. The pub outside the station is worth avoiding and if anyone gets off the bus and fancies a pint dont even set foot in the Wheatshief (supporters club bar/dealer den). Theres several pubs on the market square which are all fairly decent.

I'd be surprised if anyone who stays to the final whistle will be able to get the 21.53 train.

I'd be very surprised if people missed this. The game will finish at approx 21.35pm, and if you can't get to the station in 18 mins, you have problems!

I'll be there about 6.30pm, probably head to the wetherspoons for a cappuchino and slice of fruit cake.

I'd be very surprised if people missed this. The game will finish at approx 21.35pm, and if you can't get to the station in 18 mins, you have problems!

Not the least of which is that you have missed the last train.
:icon_wink

Someone has to support them i suppose. I'll be the tall stocky ****er in the away end. If ya see me say hello mate!

Haha. You mean fat? In the same way a woman describes herself as 'bubbly'? You're just a fat ****, love. :icon_bigg

:icon_cry:

Singth my twat of a friend. I am now classed as stocky instead of obese. It's official :icon_bigg

Officialdom gone mad IMHO.

I heard you were going to be banned from the cricket league because no matter where you stand on the wicket the bowler can't see the stumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566