Match Thread Mansfield v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
How he **** is Simpson still at the club? I wonder if Pearson pointed out the offensive hypocrisy of him not being sacked and then helped his dismissal. Ridiculous.

How he **** is Simpson still at the club? I wonder if Pearson pointed out the offensive hypocrisy of him not being sacked and then helped his dismissal. Ridiculous.

I don't see the hypocrisy.

C
You can't see how firing somebody for having sex and filming it and not breaking any laws and then not firing somebody who broke the law and beat his girlfriend is hypocritical?

Complete horse shot of the stinkiest order...

No. I see them as two totally separate incidents that should be treated as such. The clubs actions following one should have no bearing on the other.

You can't see how firing somebody for having sex and filming it and not breaking any laws and then not firing somebody who broke the law and beat his girlfriend is hypocritical?
Inaccurate. They broke local laws, as we established several weeks ago, during a trip paid for by the club and even published the evidence themselves.

Simpson's partner declined to press charges, consequently no evidence on which to proceed. Morally he's as guilty as hell. In both instances the people involved should be sanctioned by the Club, clearly they haven't acted in Simpson's case. Why I don't know, but it seems very strange.

Maybe if Simpson had committed his offence whilst representing the club on a end of season tour.

If I were to get into a fight at work, it's odds on I would be dismissed, even if the police weren't involved. The same thing could happen on a night out chances are I get arrested and appear in court, the company would not be very happy but more than likely I keep my job.

In no way am I condoning what Danny boy has done!!

Inaccurate. They broke local laws, as we established several weeks ago, during a trip paid for by the club and even published the evidence themselves.
Ok but it still doesn't excuse why he hasn't been relieved of his duties. The only reason I can think of is that he's a more valuable asset.

Maybe if Simpson had committed his offence whilst representing the club on a end of season tour.

If I were to get into a fight at work, it's odds on I would be dismissed, even if the police weren't involved. The same thing could happen on a night out chances are I get arrested and appear in court, the company would not be very happy but more than likely I keep my job.

In no way am I condoning what Danny boy has done!!
You work for a very understanding company.

Just for the record.....Gary Sutton wasn't todays Ref, he was with me at Hartsholme Cricket Club.

Could someone please explain to me on what grounds the club can sack Danny Simpson please?

Just to dispel the obvious answer - by not being charged (and not being on a company event) he has not committed an offence - if we were to sack him for this he could sue and WOULD have a case.

I am by no means condoning his presence at the club and my guess is that they are going to run down his contract...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566