Mark Cavendish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ike O'Noclassed

Cav is the World Champion! Amazing finish and incredible support from his team.

mark-cavendish_2009192c.jpg

And Lucy Garner from Cosby ... world junior women's road race champion and back to school today.... brilliant. Wonder if my old chat up line "Wanna croggy?" would work these days.

GARNER-WINS-660x439.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Tour de France 2011

Cav is the World Champion! Amazing finish and incredible support from his team.

And Lucy Garner from Cosby ... world junior women's road race champion and back to school today.... brilliant. Wonder if my old chat up line "Wanna croggy?" would work these days.

It was a fantastic effort yesterday and Cav was quick to praise the whole team.

Well done to Lucy too, we seem to have a number of talented youngsters coming through so the future looks bright.

Re: Tour de France 2011

The way yesterday's race was executed by Team GB yesterday is reassuring for the next few years when SKY have Cavendish in tow.

Biggest problem next Summer who targets TdF jerseys and Olympic gold. Something's gotta give.

Cavendish has gotta win sports personality now.

Is Cavendish currently Britain's greatest sportsman? I can't think of anyone else who so dominates his sport.

Fair play to Mark Cavendish for his total domination of world sprint cycling.

Its just a shame that outside of cycling he is a **** of the highest order. I crossed him once when he tried to return a CD to the shop I worked in back on the Isle. No reciept and covered in finger-prints, my polite refusal was met with "dont you know who I am?". Being 6 years ago I simply replied "No".

Fair play to Mark Cavendish for his total domination of world sprint cycling.

Its just a shame that outside of cycling he is a **** of the highest order. I crossed him once when he tried to return a CD to the shop I worked in back on the Isle. No reciept and covered in finger-prints, my polite refusal was met with "dont you know who I am?". Being 6 years ago I simply replied "No".

I've heard this and he often gives that impression in interviews. However, maybe his high opinion of himself is one of the reasons he is so successful.

That's the feeling I get. It's pretty easy to tell from the interviews, he's a big-head.

I don't see it that way, agreed he's aware of his own ability but he's always quick to praise his team-mates for the work they put in and to acknowledge his rivals. The arrogant tag seems to have hung around from his early days when journalists who didn't understand his sport found him difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566