Martin's strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

fosseman

I don't understand what MA is trying to do. He's getting rid of the rubbish - great. But he's bringing in what looks like more.
In the past this club has been filled with players who didn't want to know or who were just not up to it and I don't want to see that continue. I want to be optimistic about the new season. I can't feel that way on the evidence we've seen up to now.

I don't understand what MA is trying to do. He's getting rid of the rubbish - great. But he's bringing in what looks like more.
In the past this club has been filled with players who didn't want to know or who were just not up to it and I don't want to see that continue. I want to be optimistic about the new season. I can't feel that way on the evidence we've seen up to now.

But we haven't seen any evidence yet at all, we won't until they've played some matches in anger.

Maybe he's bringing in players of similair quality if not slightly better, but with a bit of backbone, drive and ambition.

For ****s sake... of the 5 players we've got so far, 3 of them are players most people here would not have even ever seen play or really know anything about. Let's give them a chance at least yeah?

Maybe he's bringing in players of similair quality if not slightly better, but with a bit of backbone, drive and ambition.

A frigging men!!!!!

We are getting a whole squad together here, not just adding a few players. We all said last year that bar about 4 players the others could sod off because they were shit. Well that's happening now and if you think we have the money to replace them all with household names you are on another planet.

Who were Lennon and Savage when we brought them in?!?! I remember everyone going Mustafa Who? Christ, until they've kicked a ball i aint inclined to judge, and if they're shit after that, well, let em have it i suppose.

3 players have probably been never seen by anyone on here, 1 has played for the likes of AC Milan and Marseille and 1 is a player who boasts a terrific record but has been struggling with injuries.

I bet all of them torture small animals, the bastards.

I think that is broadly right.

Milan runs Leicester City - not Martin Allen - and he is obviously not minded to spend a great deal at this point.

I don't think that there will be any 'major' transfers in the sense of big fees. No doubt Milan is expecting the new manager to get more from his playing staff than Kelly would have been capable - but I think it would be foolish to expect to much.

Even if there was the desire to spend big, how many genuinely class players would want to be prised away from a contract to come to an ailing championship club? Mostly those who weren't as good as they are made out but would expect to be treated as "stars" I would guess. A team bristling with talent is not built up in one go.

How many with the "wow" factor were signed by the sheep last June? Or Watford the June before?

What we have seen already looks like it could be a significant improvement on last year, which is what is required to make joining us an attractive proposition for "better" players.

Even if there was the desire to spend big, how many genuinely class players would want to be prised away from a contract to come to an ailing championship club? Mostly those who weren't as good as they are made out but would expect to be treated as "stars" I would guess. A team bristling with talent is not built up in one go.

How many with the "wow" factor were signed by the sheep last June? Or Watford the June before?

What we have seen already looks like it could be a significant improvement on last year, which is what is required to make joining us an attractive proposition for "better" players.

Excellent post.

We seem to have brought some experience in to the centre of defence and attack - N'Gotty and Cort - i would also see a ball playing midfielder being an older head - Holland?. Younger players can give the midfield some drive and get beyond the forwards, something we have been badly lacking for a while. Plus at least one overlapping full back and a big striker with some pace. The striker at least is going to cost us a decent transfer fee..

:038::038: Excellent OG couldn't have put it better myself.

I think theres a fair few people (including myself) who need to take a reality check. We've just had a shocking season because we have a poor squad. Next season will hopefully be a lot better but it will take time. Some of the signings over this period may not work out. Thats just a matter of life. MON was a legend but not all of his signings worked out.

If we finish around the play-offs next season then we will have made good strides. Changes and success arn't made overnight. I'd love for city to storm this league next season but that will most probably not be the case. Last season we were a million miles behind teams like colchester. Who would ever have thought that would happen? Lets not expect too much, too soon. :)

I think theres a fair few people (including myself) who need to take a reality check. We've just had a shocking season because we have a poor squad. Next season will hopefully be a lot better but it will take time. Some of the signings over this period may not work out. Thats just a matter of life. MON was a legend but not all of his signings worked out.

If we finish around the play-offs next season then we will have made good strides. Changes and success arn't made overnight. I'd love for city to storm this league next season but that will most probably not be the case. Last season we were a million miles behind teams like colchester. Who would ever have thought that would happen? Lets not expect too much, too soon. :)

Agreed but I take the Roy Keane stance on these things...if you aim for the basement that is what you will achieve. We should aim for promotion...that is after all what Milan is trying to achieve.

And if Milan is serious about making this a premiership club he needs to get his wallet out. Yes sometimes you can get a good bargain but more often than not the amount you spend on a player is what you get.

I'm tired of watching managers trying to polish shit.

We've got a chance here to forge a cracking squad on not much cash (circa 2.5million)

Our youth team is somehow the best in the country. We need 4 of them in the sixteen for the 2007-8 season.

Kisnorbo, Mattock, Hume, McAuley and N'Gotty are quality championship players with differing levels of experience.

Wesolowski, Fryatt, Porter, Stearman, Cort, Hellings should make adequate squad players.

So, leaving goalkeepers to one side that leaves us with about 9 positions to fill to have a challenging squad of 26.

It's up to Allen & Mandaric to make sure that the gaps in the above picture ar filled with the right players. They needn't necessarily be 100% super stars, but they do need to be the players that will give us a chance to play good and honest football. Players with at least 2 or 3 of the following: experience, passing ability, goal scoring record, pace and hunger, is all that we can ask for.

if that's championship journeymen like Cureton, Premiership old guard like Holland, Sinclair, Gravesen, Or up an coming league players like Jarvis, Dean Sinclair, Mcleod or Billy Sharp. AT LEAST THEY AREN'T THE TERRIBLE SHOWER THAT WE HAVE HAD THROUGH THE REVOLVING DOOR OVER THE PAST THREE YEARS.
AND MILAN BE PRAISED FOR THAT. HE COULD BE AT WOLVES, AFTER ALL.

And if Milan is serious about making this a premiership club he needs to get his wallet out.

It won't happen, he will not splash out £10m on new players like Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669