Martyn Waghorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's shite

How refreshing, some honesty. Someone was talking about short term memory syndrome: it is only a little while ago that these boards mocked mercilessly those people calling for "pashun" and headless chickens running their socks off to no particular end. Now, we are celebrating Waghorn's ability to add this golden technique to our squad! :102:

Personally I think he will be an excellent foil for Nugent and will be like a new player now that Pearson has returned, very good player who suffered massively from a loss of confidence and lack of opportunity.

He played for City against Rotherham in the cup and was absolutely useless, JS scored a hat-trick and made him look terrible, his body language in the game was awful.

I thought Waghorn tried too hard at the start of last season to make an impression. Under Sven he was not really given a chance. The Hull fans thought a lot of him though. We were talking to some of them when City lost there last month and they were hoping he would come back from his injury. He only played in 5 games (scored ) but they did win 3 and draw the other 2 so he must have impressed during this spell.

I reckon give the lad a chance when he is fully fit and see if he can make an impact from the bench like he has done before on a number of occasions. One thing, over say Beckford at the moment, is that when fit at least he will put the effort in

Last edited:
How refreshing, some honesty. Someone was talking about short term memory syndrome: it is only a little while ago that these boards mocked mercilessly those people calling for "pashun" and headless chickens running their socks off to no particular end. Now, we are celebrating Waghorn's ability to add this golden technique to our squad! :102:

Yes but that was before we realised that these were our better players. Better headless chickens that run their socks off than the variety that can't run at all. Huuuuuuume!

He had a pretty good loan spell here and then never reached those heights again once he signed permanently. I don't think he's the big talent that some people thought, but I'm also of the opinion that Pearson is the man to get the best out of him and though he might not be a technically proficient player, he will certainly bring the desire to play for Leicester that Pearson seems to be after.

If he can perform to the level that he did whilst he was on loan here, he will certainly be a good addition to the squad - he's not going to score 20 goals and pull us out of the shit, but if he can chip in with 7 or 8 goals between now and the end of the season, it could make all the difference in making the playoffs. I certainly think he's better back up than Howard, who was past it about 2 seasons ago, and Schlupp, who seems to be a decent prospect for the future, but has offered very little in his games in the league so far this season.

Certainly a potentially decent squad member - we haven't got enough of those at the moment...

Pearson might get the best out of him, his second spell so far has been poor.

But based on his most recent form he isn't going to make a huge improvement on the team.

Pearson might get the best out of him, his second spell so far has been poor.

But based on his most recent form he isn't going to make a huge improvement on the team.

My point would be that he doesn't particularly need to make a massive impact on the side to contribute and be better than what we've already got, I wouldn't expect him to lead the line and bag 20 goals, but if he manages to chip in with a few goals and give us some more options, he'll be worth having in the squad.

Much better option than Steve Howard, and Jeff Schlupp in my opinion.

As long as NP sorts out the midfield I don't think we need any new strikers.

I think that Waghorn's injury and recent lack of form is Beckford's fault!

Damn you Beckford!!!

But it's funny to take the piss for showing a bit of effort - jump on the pashun wagon and make jokes about laptops, TVs & Tommy Wright too!!

Well you must have a very sad & sheltered life if that is the case.

It's funnier to take the piss out of people who value perceived effort over actual ability.

Unfortunately we are that bad that I would rather have someone like Waghorn out there giving 100% with his supposed lack of ability than some of the ****ers who swan about every game giving 50% with the same lack of ability.

If the argument comes down to wanting a player who gives 100% or not then I know which one I would chose, sadly non of our squad possess the ability to put anything other than 100% in yet plenty of them do.

it is only a little while ago that these boards mocked mercilessly those people calling for "pashun" and headless chickens running their socks off to no particular end. Now, we are celebrating Waghorn's ability to add this golden technique to our squad! :102:

:icon_conf You talk about "these boards" as if it were some kind of single, amorphous entity with everybody having a unified opinion of any particular subject. It isn't, honestly.
Just because you once read a single posters opinion on a subject, it doesn't mean that we are all compelled to agree with that opinion until the next time that you read something contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669