Match 7 - 19.45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we lost, cant remeber the score it was something like 9-4, a very good team, pretty strong and solid

11-4 I feel like a bruised banana today, they were all brick shithouses! Mardy arsey bastards though! (though I wasn't much better at the end, I had to apologise to 2 of them for kicking them!)

To be fair to them they played well, i didn't think they were mardy. The polish accent comes across as abrupt, we all shook hands at the end of the game and they enjoyed it.

Defending with 1 person at the back against an organised team like them is suicide.

Is your opinion of me really that low :icon_sad::icon_wink

Nope, just that my opinion of their ability to wind up is that high :icon_wink

In defense of them, and to agree with Drew, I think the referree allowed the situation to gt like that. He was appaling, and when you are getting bruised up and not given a free kick, but breathe on them and the ref lifts his hood up to give a freekick makes for a very frustrating game

We got carried away! Worst performance as a team in a long time
Oh well, shit happens. Re-group and start again next week.

Anything specific that can be worked on or learnt from, or just one of those nights where it didn't "click"?

Anything specific that can be worked on or learnt from, or just one of those nights where it didn't "click"?

We need to pass the ball quicker and release the players, me and tom kept having to go to the corner to get the ball and then there was nothing we could do,

we lost the ball so many stupid times for no reason, we had time but there was too much panicing going on at times.

I think the main problem is lack of movement up front, though they did defend very well yesterday. This results in the guys at the back (I include myself in all this obviously) getting frustrated and trying to push forward which leaves holes at the back. They caught us on the break for at least half of their goals.

We need to pass the ball quicker and release the players, me and tom kept having to go to the corner to get the ball and then there was nothing we could do,

we lost the ball so many stupid times for no reason, we had time but there was too much panicing going on at times.

I think the main problem is lack of movement up front, though they did defend very well yesterday. This results in the guys at the back (I include myself in all this obviously) getting frustrated and trying to push forward which leaves holes at the back. They caught us on the break for at least half of their goals.
Is this a case of forwards blaming the defence and vice versa, or are both statements true :102:

To be fair to the forwards, it's bloody hard to keep running for the whole of the game into space, but it's equally frustrating for the defense and Steve when nobody is available.

Fitness levels, would this help if we're all fitter and faster up front, or is it a case of using our brains and communiacting with each other better?

Is this a case of forwards blaming the defence and vice versa, or are both statements true :102:

To be fair to the forwards, it's bloody hard to keep running for the whole of the game into space, but it's equally frustrating for the defense and Steve when nobody is available.

Fitness levels, would this help if we're all fitter and faster up front, or is it a case of using our brains and communiacting with each other better?

Both. It is very hard as a defender to make a pass through 2 players to a forward, but also we have a tendency to try, or just panic and pass it into a corner out of the way.

I don't think it's anyones fault at all, I just think we didn't work as a team last night, I think we all made it difficult for each other

Last edited:

not to mention its hardly a massive pitch so its pretty hard to find much space!

Remember the keeper is a clown. :023:

He was...palmed every shot.

To be fair to them they played well, i didn't think they were mardy. The polish accent comes across as abrupt, we all shook hands at the end of the game and they enjoyed it.

Defending with 1 person at the back against an organised team like them is suicide.

Absolute agree. I thought the chap with the hat and red shorts was a superb player. From rough Polish lanaguage knowledge, all swearing etc. was said in breath at themselves.

There are 5 probelms for me we suffer on:

a) Movement upfront which has been extremely hard the last couple of weeks. In my role yesterday, you were bollocked after 2 minutes of running around without a ball.

b) The lack of geniune midfield player who can run all day - tackling back and aswell as shooting. The two defenders normally stand their ground but there is 3 men attacking at them. They can't mark everyone - so one has to get back who is normally bollocked from having to make space upfront.

c) Our slow reactions to any restart or set piece. This is even more annoying when you're in goal. It saves your legs in the long term and goals in the short term.

d) Our inability to take advantage of a set piece by reacting quickly.

e) Communication. It helps a lot when someone makes you aware of a player in your 'area'.

We always learning lessons - last night was another one of those. (I should sub myself more often was duly noted by myself).

He was...palmed every shot.

Absolute agree. I thought the chap with the hat and red shorts was a superb player. From rough Polish lanaguage knowledge, all swearing etc. was said in breath at themselves.

There are 5 probelms for me we suffer on:

a) Movement upfront which has been extremely hard the last couple of weeks. In my role yesterday, you were bollocked after 2 minutes of running around without a ball.

b) The lack of geniune midfield player who can run all day - tackling back and aswell as shooting. The two defenders normally stand their ground but there is 3 men attacking at them. They can't mark everyone - so one has to get back who is normally bollocked from having to make space upfront.

c) Our slow reactions to any restart or set piece. This is even more annoying when you're in goal. It saves your legs in the long term and goals in the short term.

d) Our inability to take advantage of a set piece by reacting quickly.

e) Communication. It helps a lot when someone makes you aware of a player in your 'area'.

We always learning lessons - last night was another one of those. (I should sub myself more often was duly noted by myself).
thats the problem i had last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570