matt elliot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I think Elliot is past his best. I think we have better centre backs than him and to be fair even Keown has more pace.
It's time we gave some of the youngsters a chance - lets face it they coulodn't do much worse. Although I don't really think centre backs are our problem; we need a left back and decent tactics. So I say Liam Powell (from the youth/reserves) and a new manager.
Lets hope it all gets sorted soon.

IM slighthly confused to how Dublin ended up in our defense today?

Fox Fan said:
IM slighthly confused to how Dublin ended up in our defense today?

you and everyone else mate... Dublin in defence and Heath on the bench??? another master stroke by our ingenious manager... and if anyone say's well Heath wasn't fit enough then why the **** was he in the squad at all???

Seems odd to me that Steaman was in the team a week ago had Kewon not pulled through, and this week he doesn't even make the bench?

that's an obvious one Fox Fan... he's not 37 years old with the best years of his career ten years behind him and MA didn't buy him so he doesn't have to stubbornly and blindingly show faith in him when there's **** all but his own bloody mindedness to back it up...

Keown and Elliot at the back for me, I think he'll be superb in this league, Dabizas has a tendancy to drop his head.

Fox Fan said:
Seems odd to me that Steaman was in the team a week ago had Kewon not pulled through, and this week he doesn't even make the bench?

Stearman was out warming up with the team though yesterday. I personally wouldnt mind seeing Elliot back in the team. Surely he can't give away much more than Dabizas is at the moment?

Actuallly Dublin was excellent in defence IMO, the problem arose when, with 10 men on the pitch, he was told to go up front.....alone....how silly.

Who was? Adams? Well it was wrong that, Dublin was fine where he was and in recent years surely he could've learned from previous mistakes and thought to keep it tight? Wright on as a lone striker would've been fine, he has the energy and enthusiasm. I would've replaced Nalis with Gudjohnsson too, just to tighten it up, that Cook was suddenly all over us...How poor.

I think Micky had it spot on to start Dublin at the back. He won everything in the first half, Furlong didnt have a sniff. Dion was clearing everything up, winning all headers and QPR didnt look at all dangerous from their set pieces when Dion was in the box.

However, after the sending off, it was needless to push Dublin upfront as he looked comfortable, we got punished for this with 3 headers! I think Blake needed to be replaced by Benjamin because Trevor's presence is far greater than Blake's.

And those questioning Dublin's ability upfront, well the service was extremley poor, long hoofs, we just dont seem to want to play football! What do we do on the training pitches? Surely we could implement some passing on the floor into our game. :?

I think sooner Elliott is back he can slot in at the back and Dion should go upfront..we would far more dangerous physically.

alex said:
Who was? Adams? Well it was wrong that, Dublin was fine where he was and in recent years surely he could've learned from previous mistakes and thought to keep it tight? Wright on as a lone striker would've been fine, he has the energy and enthusiasm. I would've replaced Nalis with Gudjohnsson too, just to tighten it up, that Cook was suddenly all over us...How poor.

no dublin was.

he was wandering over to the touchline any chance he could get....couldn't you see him?? he didn't look very happy at being told to move back up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566