Matt Mills' Suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

I made a new thread as I thought this might get lost if it were just a question in the post match thread otherwise and people would keep asking.

There seemed to be some debate in the match thread about whether his suspension will be 2 games or 4 games.

Can someone clear this up please?

Two games.

NP said in he post-match interview he thought it was a red card, so I doubt we will.

Certainly from what I saw, it was an appalling decision. Firstly Mills got the ball, the player who went down was at least two yards away from the original tackle before he went to ground. The player never made an appeal , he knew he had been tackled fairly and never attempted to make out otherwise. I think the Hull players were as suprised as ours when the penalty was given. A trully shocking piece of decision making by the ref.

I watched it on the beeb, and it looked a stonewall pen

He raised his foot to trip him after the initial tackle

The ref got it spot on

Yet to see it but the BBC seems to think it was harsh: 'Mclean broke through on goal only for Mills to make a superb block and as Mclean got up for a second attempt, he appeared to slip over with Mills nowhere near.'

i expect that once you've all seen a clear replay on the FLS, you'll all realise that it was a deserved red and then hopefully ask the question as to why our captain feels the need for us to play an hour with ten men ?? i would hope for more responsibility and clarity of thought for someone in his position.

Having just seen the FLS I have to say what an utter, utter prat, again!

Just like the Birmingham game: what was going through his mind? It was utterly needless.

Oh and as for the suspension, depends how the linesman sees it really. If he sees it as a deliberate Beckham-esque kick out at the player, rather than a challenge which denies a goalscoring opportunity then is it a 4 match ban instead of a 2 match ban?

Last edited:
Mills was on the floor and lifted his leg slightly but enough to knock McLean off balance and therefore a penalty. Possibly Kasper would have smothered I
t before McLean would have hot to it had he not been tripped

lifted his leg slightly to knock him off balance?

He deliberately moves his leg towards the Hull attacker and clearly moves his foot in to hook his foot round the Hull player's ankle to deliberately bring him down.

It was a stupid, stupid thing to do and was completely nonsensical giving that Kasper would have gotten the ball easily.

Last edited:
Lifted in a deliberate way I perhaps should have said. I did say it was a penalty. In no way could he say it was accidental but perhaps Mills thought it might be viewed that way. Really though as I said Kasper may have smothered it had McLean been allowed to continue so it was a bad decision by Mills and he was not too happy afterwards when signing autographs and having his photo taken. He was first out and perhaps Nigel had a little word with him. SSL had a good game after coming on and he was really chirpy when coming out after.

Lifted in a deliberate way I perhaps should have said. I did say it was a penalty. In no way could he say it was accidental but perhaps Mills thought it might be viewed that way. Really though as I said Kasper may have smothered it had McLean been allowed to continue so it was a bad decision by Mills and he was not too happy afterwards when signing autographs and having his photo taken. He was first out and perhaps Nigel had a little word with him. SSL had a good game after coming on and he was really chirpy when coming out after.

Fair enough, MF, thought you were suggesting it was accidental.

Having just seen the FLS I have to say what an utter, utter prat, again
Just like the Birmingham game: what was going through his mind? It was utterly needless.

Just when we were thinking the B'ham lunacy was an aberration.

Reinforcing the frustration, you'd have backed Kasper to be first to the loose ball or at the least block a shot ... so I guess the red/denying a clear goalscoring opportunity might have been a tad harsh.

Credit to the ref. At first glance I was thinking "What the **** was that for?" and it took a few replays for me to see it.

, you'd have backed Kasper to be first to the loose ball or at the least block a shot ... so I guess the red/denying a clear goalscoring opportunity might have been a tad harsh.

i also had that thought but that obviously wasnt mils' thought or he wouldnt have done it. given that mills did it to stop a shot on goal, you can hardly blame the officials for thinking the same. my point was, why bother after 30 mins ? last 15 mins- fine, i have no problem with it. before half time - moronic.

What an expensive ****ing tit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670