Matt Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who were the last championship club to spend this kind of money on a player? Be interesting to know - I can't recall any off the top of my head.

Who were the last championship club to spend this kind of money on a player? Be interesting to know - I can't recall any off the top of my head.

Possibly the Portsmouth/MM/Redknapp adventure in 2002 - I think it was mostly wages rather than transfer fees though.

Possibly the Portsmouth/MM/Redknapp adventure in 2002 - I think it was mostly wages rather than transfer fees though.

Coventry bought Lee Hughes for £5,000,001 the season after they got relegated from the Prem.

Leicester boy as well . According to wiki his aunty is Heather Mills . :)

Wiki now says he was born in Swindon.

Nothing to do with me!

Pretty sure he's not and that was just a mistake on the OS.

If you do a Google search for him and then look at the cached Wiki version, you will see that it has at some time said that he was born in Leicester.

Boc - any idea what the 'record' signing is for a championship club? Can you advance on Cov paying £5,000,001 for Lee Hughes?

Boc - any idea what the 'record' signing is for a championship club?

No.

The value of so many transfers depends on which newspaper you read at the time, and also on add-ons that may or may not materialise. It's something I have never really taken an interest in.

I joined the www.dcfcfans.co.uk forum because a jealous Derby fan accused us of being a shit club from a shit city with no soul. He also Hoped that we go back into administration and go bust. Meanwhile referring to our stadium as the King Prawn Stadium.

All I said was that "Id rather pull my lungs out of my eye sockets and piss on them than be a Derby fan and that they reminded me of us before our league 1 season".

And now im banned untill September. lol

Last edited:
Meridian News (which covers Reading) has just said in reporting the possible move that he was born "in the Midlands city".

I joined the www.dcfcfans.co.uk forum because a jealous Derby fan accused us of being a shit club from a shit city with no soul. He also Hoped that we go back into administration and go bust. Meanwhile referring to our stadium as the King Prawn Stadium.

All I said was that "Id rather pull my lungs out of my eye sockets and piss on them than be a Derby fan and that they reminded me of us before our league 1 season".

Childish, but funny.

have you been hanging round with that macky character?

**** me chaps, that is one serious looking team you are having built there, if they gel together you will romp the league

Well ta very much RichB, bout the best and most sensible thing you've said on here. It is looking rather rosy, wouldn't you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669