Matt Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Leicester Board, if reasons for his departure first time around are to be believed.

To what is this a response? It would be really helpful if you quoted at least a part of the relevant message.

Jimmy Bullard.

Was Bullard not suspended at Hull for turning up to training drunk? Genuine question, may be completely wrong, but I'm sure I remember reading that. Pretty standard workplace procedure if so, can't think that would be down to the manager deciding he is a disruptive influence.

Last edited:
Pearsons response to SSL suggests to me that if Mills leaves, it is down to his own attitude and not Pearsons.

Last edited:
Either the Crewe/WBA model of recouping investment through player development or banking promotion monies or the new Wrexham/Exeter fans-owned model of operating within tight financial constraints and having supporters responsible directly for the operation of the club rather than an egotistical wanker with **** all idea about the game or running an enterprise.

At a guess.

Mawsley highlighting a Supporters Trust model, interesting.

A further realistic alternative is the model that Swansea is based on with the Trust having a significant % involvement and this is currently what the Pompey Trust are working towards with the support of the administrator, more details on this in a Guardian article from a few days ago

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/23/portsmouth-fans-administrator-community-buyout

Mawsley highlighting a Supporters Trust model, interesting.

A further realistic alternative is the model that Swansea is based on with the Trust having a significant % involvement and this is currently what the Pompey Trust are working towards with the support of the administrator, more details on this in a Guardian article from a few days ago

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/23/portsmouth-fans-administrator-community-buyout

I bet they reveal their membership numbers...

To be clear, Pearson has moved us up the league.

But he's also moved us further away from the play-off places. We were two points from 6th when he was sacked, 8 points now.

Pearson has also won fewer points per game than Sven did. 1.37, compared to 1.46 - both mid table form.

There are signs that Pearson is improving things, but we'll never know how things would have gone if we'd kept Sven.

Ridiculous statistics - the only way to prove who is best is to break out the data on how many Plan B's they used and how many times the teams have played 4-4-****ing-2.

A game of Soggy Biscuit between Sventicles and Nige is the only fair way to settle this.

The Pearson (Coalition) supporters will blame everything that goes wrong on the mess that was inherited from Sven (Labour), while the Sven supporters are going to say that he would have turned things around given the time and Pearson is going the wrong way. I suspect neither is 100% right.

Last edited:
The Pearson (Coalition) supporters will blame everything that goes wrong on the mess that was inherited from Sven (Labour), while the Sven supporters are going to say that he would have turned things around given the time and Pearson is going the wrong way. I suspect neither is 100% right.

But Nigel isn't a bunch of ****s. So, unfortunately, your analogy falls down at the first hurdle. Sventastico also isn't a bunch of ****s, so it falls down there as well.
Shame really, because it was quite beautiful, until I thought it through. I suspect that your suspicion is right though.

Solution; bring back MON (Mrs Thatcher).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669