Max Gradel

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazzles

Unsure why you lot let him go. He has come on immense in the last few weeks. Ok he seems to be a bit hot headed,stupid sending off for Leeds on the last game but he has really come into his own. Watching him against Wolves yesterday he was easily the best player on the pitch,by far,beating off 2 and 3 defenders with ease and a lot of fans are saying he is looking like the best player in the squad and thats including Snodgrass and Lloyd sam who of course are wingers. Cracking 30 yard screamer too.

One thing I noticed when we bought him as that his final crossing was poor, but this area has been improved a hell of a lot and sets up a lot of goals.
I think he will be an assett in the championship,Grayson has obviously worked on his attitude and realises what talent the boy potentially has. He is still young but he has come on so much recently and there is no doubt with his trickery and his fearless attitude of running at defenders he will be one of the better wingers in this league.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Fair play to him. There wasn't room for him in the first team and it's important he plays football at this stage of his career. I suspect Pearson didn't like his attitude and NP isn't, shall we say, the sort of bloke to talk to players about such things.

bazzles

Re: Max Gradel!!!

I must say his form hasn't disappeared though at his time with Leeds. He was used initally as an impact player and always changed the game with tired defenders and then when Beckford was dropped him and Becchio between them scored 7 goals in 4 games. Let himself down hugely on the last game though which he will need to learn with a 4 game ban but he has shown a lot of promise in pre season, and I would go as as far as saying he was incredible yesterday.
Cant knock his energy levels.

Babylon

I must say his form hasn't disappeared though at his time with Leeds. He was used initally as an impact player and always changed the game with tired defenders and then when Beckford was dropped him and Becchio between them scored 7 goals in 4 games. Let himself down hugely on the last game though which he will need to learn with a 4 game ban but he has shown a lot of promise in pre season, and I would go as as far as saying he was incredible yesterday.
Cant knock his energy levels.

He was incredible for us in preseason three years ago, and then did feck all afterwards. Don't start getting too carried away just yet.

fitz

He was incredible for us in preseason three years ago, and then did feck all afterwards. Don't start getting too carried away just yet.

He made a few good sub appearances too, should have given him a 4 year contract for that I reckon.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

I would go as as far as saying he was incredible yesterday.

I'm pleased you're pleased - but I'm wondering what makes you think we give a shit one way or the other.

d70g

He's a good prospect, but little more at this stage.

He almost single-handedly carried a Bournemouth team on loan a few years back, despite some hideous personal problems.

However, he's unproven at this level, and is a petulant wee bugger; don't be too surprised if he demands a transfer if Grayson doesn't play him.

Saying that, I'd have liked to have kept him, and he's one former player I'd like to succeed.

Incidentally, I think his transfer fee wasn't disclosed - does anyone know how much he cost, and more importantly, if we were clever enough to insert a sell-on fee if NP didn't want to simply get rid.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Incidentally, I think his transfer fee wasn't disclosed - does anyone know how much he cost, and more importantly, if we were clever enough to insert a sell-on fee if NP didn't want to simply get rid.
It was reported as 200k, but I've no idea how the deal was structured.

David Gwilliam

He was not as good as Dyer but I felt he had the potential to be better and I was surprised we let him go.
I had not heard of any attitude problem. If there was one it may have been immaturity made worse by family circumstances.
Max always gave 100% for Leicester and I wish him well.

It may have been a mistake for the club to get rid of him. On the other hand as Levein, Kelly, Allen, Megson, Holloway and Pearson would probably agree there is no point in a Leicester manager planning for the future.

Hazzman

He's a good prospect, but little more at this stage.

He almost single-handedly carried a Bournemouth team on loan a few years

He didn't. They also had another couple of loanees at the time and a prospect in Sam Vokes.

Despite the odd bit skill, I never seen him have a consistent game.

Last edited by a moderator:

fitz

Where does all the confusion regarding his transfer come from? Why are people surprised?

He wanted first team football and he wasn't good enough to get it at our club. Maxi asked to leave and we let him...

:102: am I missing something??

Profondo Rosso

He was not as good as Dyer but I felt he had the potential to be better and I was surprised we let him go.
I had not heard of any attitude problem. If there was one it may have been immaturity made worse by family circumstances.
Max always gave 100% for Leicester and I wish him well.

It may have been a mistake for the club to get rid of him. On the other hand as Levein, Kelly, Allen, Megson, Holloway and Pearson would probably agree there is no point in a Leicester manager planning for the future.

Why do people always say this? We didn't ley him go, we didn't get rid of him. He weaselled himself out of the club by requesting a transfer and we didn't have a choice in the matter unless we wanted a mardy arsed git in out team who would throw a paddy.

SJN-Fox

Why do people always say this? We didn't ley him go, we didn't get rid of him. He weaselled himself out of the club by requesting a transfer and we didn't have a choice in the matter unless we wanted a mardy arsed git in out team who would throw a paddy.

Shouldn't this be in the DJ Campbell thread? :102:

DesertFox

Hooray! We're still talking about Gradel's "potential" despite the fact he's only a year younger than Fryatt.

In my opinion Gradel is not as good as Dyer or N'Guessan (who is the same age). If he's your best player, bazzles, get ready for a long, hard season...

lanxfox jnr

Everything said on his crossing, but didn't he take the corner that caused the winner against Leeds? Anyway he looked a good when he played for us and I wish him the best of luck at Leeds!

bazzles

Hooray! We're still talking about Gradel's "potential" despite the fact he's only a year younger than Fryatt.

In my opinion Gradel is not as good as Dyer or N'Guessan (who is the same age). If he's your best player, bazzles, get ready for a long, hard season...

Don't agree. He is only young and has come on since he left you.He isn't even near his prime yet and will continue to improve. I remember a lot of Leicester fans saying that Kisnorbo was shit. He has been a fantastic defender in league one,fantastic too in all the cup games. If a player is unhappy and unsettled and they find a new challenge that they enjoy then it improves their game no end. Gradel was obviously unhappy at Leicester, he's happy here and and it is starting to show in his performances week in week out.
If he doesnt make team of the week on a few occasions this season ill be surprised.
You also now have to look at his goal stats compared to when he was with you. The goals per game has trippled and has assisted quite a few.
When Beckford was a year older and started playing for us he wasn't as impressive in his all round game at all compared to Gradel and look where Beckford is now,their fans love him,Moyes is going to give him first team starts.!!
There is 'potential' talent in Gradel.

Last edited:

DesertFox

I remember a lot of Leicester fans saying that Kisnorbo was shit.
:102: I think most Leicester fans would say Kisnorbo was excellent for us, after a very dodgy start when he was played out of position by Craig Levein. Pearson never saw a fit Kisnorbo and effectively exchanged him for Wayne Brown, which, with hindsight, looks a stupid decision. OK, they're both good in the air but shit passers, but Kisnorbo is several years younger and presumably not a clan member.

He is only young and has come on since he left you.... He isn't even near his prime yet and will continue to improve.... There is 'potential' talent in Gradel.
Yeah, yeah. We've heard this for the last six years with Gradel. By the same token, I've got potential as well. I mean, I'm only 37 so it's just a matter of when, not if... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669