Medals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windsurfing? What, really? Is that a sport?

Tougher sport than sitting in a boat.

Which reminds me of the Australian press in 2008 saying we could only win medals in sports where we sit down. Ha ha ha this time round they are worried about how many NZ has over them.

20 gold medals!

The Dressage (apparently something to do with horses, not getting dressed) team won gold. Victoria Pendelton and Chris Hoy are into their final.

At the target with 5 days to go, impressive.

Pendleton got relegated in the first round for going out of her lines, but then Mears came into her lane in the second. Why wasn't she relegated?

Pendleton got relegated in the first round for going out of her lines, but then Mears came into her lane in the second. Why wasn't she relegated?

i think they're allowed in the lane, just not out of it? Not sure though.

Feel for Pendleton, must be a disappointing way to finish your career. Still ended with a medal though!

i think they're allowed in the lane, just not out of it? Not sure though.

Feel for Pendleton, must be a disappointing way to finish your career. Still ended with a medal though!

But Mears was outside of the inner line all the way except when she veered into it. Stupid rules.

It's the staring competition we have to look out for

Should get a bronze, at least

But Mears was outside of the inner line all the way except when she veered into it. Stupid rules.

My understanding of it is that it whoever gets into the sprint lane (between the red and black lines) first has to stay in that lane and has priority on it. That's why they start slow and jostle for position at the start before making a move, because getting in there first is important. I think then the other person can only go past by going outside that lane and round.

I think.

I could be way off. Does Jeff's extensive knowledge of rules extend to cycling?

Wahey!!! Norway's first gold in the men's K1 1000m

Yes, but sitting in a boat is another pastime that isn't a sport.
Any medals in the skateboarding yet?

Windsurfing has the image of dads on holiday in the 80s giving it a go.

In its competitive form it's a bloody hard physical activity using tremendous amounts of dexterity, pretty boring spectator sport though so getting the boot out of the greatest show on earth.

Personally I don't understand how people get enthused over the long jump. Kiddies sports day yes , Olympic discipline? I'd rather watch BMX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566