Media predictions for the new season

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

There will be a lot of preview columns to the Championship this week in various papers, thought it would be interesting to see what they all come up with about City so if you see any post them here

A starter, from the Sunday Times today:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article6736112.ece

Teams to watch
Leicester City They ended last season as Division One champions, seven points clear. They scored the most goals in the division and conceded the fewest, losing just four times. They’ve bought cannily, so the only way is up, possibly to the playoffs.

To go up

West Bromwich Albion, Sheffield United

Playoffs

Ipswich Town, Nottingham Forest, Leicester City, Cardiff City

To go down

Scunthorpe, Plymouth, Barnsley

And you do?

As runaway leader of the current Prediction competition, Harbro could certainly claim that he does.

I agree with Harbro, surely Boro will be near the playoffs at least? Perhaps even Newcastle.

442's predictions are more my thinking - for both the Championship and Premier League.

I agree with Harbro, surely Boro will be near the playoffs at least? Perhaps even Newcastle.

442's predictions are more my thinking - for both the Championship and Premier League.

442 or 4-4-2?

Last edited:
Yep, definitely around that mark. Unfortunately, many people will deem that to be a failure.

Interesting. While I want to say that the measure of success (or failure) is what side of the relegation line we sit at the end of the season, I think this squad is good enough and the club is big enough to be comfortably mid-table. We're better than the likes of Barnsley and Blackpool and Plymouth, and so we should be. For me, mid-table is acceptable. A season-long relegation scrap is not.

Todays Independent predicts us to finish 12th 'mid table finish should be certain'

but they also predict that wind farms can make you ill as they make your brain think you're moving when your stood still - so us finishing 12th is clearly utter bo||ocks

I would consider it to be a failure, we should be doing much better than that.

At last a sensible post. Why should we settle for 18th or even expect it we have made some good signings and should carry some momemtum from last season!!
Sorry i forgot we havnt signed a big name striker that has scored a couple of premieship goals!

Last edited:
I can see Cov really struggling this year. Probably have enough to avoid relegation, but I they'll be lower half.

Just had a bid accepted for Michael McIndoe, would be a very good signing if they got him however I can see them struggling as well.

I see no reason for us to be struggling against relegation. We almost stayed up in 2007-08 and yet I am sure that no would would swop the present squad for that one or Nigel for any of that seasons managers. Until the last five years the history of Leicester City is of being in the top division (often fighting relegation) or in the second division battling for promotion. I do not regard middle of the table as success. This is not a difficult division; there are no good teams in this division; the difficult division with the good teams in it is called the Premiership.

I see no reason for us to be struggling against relegation. We almost stayed up in 2007-08 and yet I am sure that no would would swop the present squad for that one or Nigel for any of that seasons managers. Until the last five years the history of Leicester City is of being in the top division (often fighting relegation) or in the second division battling for promotion. I do not regard middle of the table as success. This is not a difficult division; there are no good teams in this division; the difficult division with the good teams in it is called the Premiership.

So in other words the 6th best league in Europe is a piece of piss? I hope NP knows that...

Is Championship really the 6th best in all of Europe? I heard some people say it's the 4th best. If that's the case, it means it's either better than the Bundesliga or French Division 1 - and definitely Dutch league. No chance, surely.

Is Championship really the 6th best in all of Europe? I heard some people say it's the 4th best. If that's the case, it means it's either better than the Bundesliga or French Division 1 - and definitely Dutch league. No chance, surely.

Depends on your definition of "best".

I think the Championship is either the 3rd or 4th best supported league in football, behind the Premiership, La Liga, and possibly Serie A... I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669