Message From Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

Jeff, Nathan just sent me this message:

Since changing my email address earlier on, i have been unable to reply to/start threads. Also says that my PM box is full (when it isn't) so cannot send PMs.

When you change your email address you have to re-validate your membership. The system sends you an email to your new address with a link to click on to do this. Nathan hasn't clicked on the link, so he doesn't have full access to the forum.
Maybe the email hasn't arrived, or maybe it's been treated as spam and is in a spam folder.
You can request the email to be re-sent at http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/register.php?do=requestemail
If it still doesn't arrive it's probably being blocked by a spam filter so I would suggest using an alternative email account, such as Googlemail.

When you change your email address you have to re-validate your membership. The system sends you an email to your new address with a link to click on to do this. Nathan hasn't clicked on the link, so he doesn't have full access to the forum.
Maybe the email hasn't arrived, or maybe it's been treated as spam and is in a spam folder.
You can request the email to be re-sent at http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/register.php?do=requestemail
If it still doesn't arrive it's probably being blocked by a spam filter so I would suggest using an alternative email account, such as Googlemail.

I thought this and almost replied to the same effect. Just to check that what I was saying was true, I changed my email address. I got no email, I didn't respond to the email that I didn't get - yet I still seem to have full access to the forum.

I thought this and almost replied to the same effect. Just to check that what I was saying was true, I changed my email address. I got no email, I didn't respond to the email that I didn't get - yet I still seem to have full access to the forum.

Maybe the system works differently for you as a moderator.
But when you change email address for a normal member as far as the system is concerned you are no longer a registered member. This is to stop people changing their email address to one that isn't their own.

Maybe the system works differently for you as a moderator.

Ah yes - I hadn't thought about that possibility. But, having checked, I find that you are perfectly correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566