Michael Ball sold for 6.5 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

to Rangers by Everton in 2001

Nice bit of business by Sven

For all those questioning Sven's leadership after two bad results, we've not had a manager with the clout SGE has, in attracting top players

Everyone who came in over the summer has said, playing for Sven was a big part of the Leicester City appeal

I agree that Sven's a good manager, but your point has nothing to do with anything. You can't judge players on their current ability by quoting how much people paid for them in the past! Case in point: Carl ****ing Cort.

Wenger is a genius at finding young players and developing their talent. Remember when he spent £8mil on Francis Jeffers?

Can we get back to talking about Cocks again as well ?

Cocks and Ball - would they fit into a 4-4-2, or wouldn't there be enough width ?

to Rangers by Everton in 2001

Nice bit of business by Sven

For all those questioning Sven's leadership after two bad results, we've not had a manager with the clout SGE has, in attracting top players

Everyone who came in over the summer has said, playing for Sven was a big part of the Leicester City appeal

Bl--dy hell! - I never considered that. I like it. The criteria for assessing a manager's success is how much he shells out on a player compared to that player's value 10 years ago. I tell you what I bet with Sven's reputation he could bring back Allan Clarke for a fraction of the money that we sold him for in the 1960's.

Look - Michael Ball is a crocked player who couldn't get a game. I very much hope that the player gets back to playing at a decent level.

As far as Sven is concerned my views are clear. He is excellent at spending other people's money but not so hot at getting results at this level. I accept that his name does have a certain currency in world football generally and that can be useful in bringing players into the football club - but in my opinion the owners need to be 'ahead of the curve' and thinking about bringing in a first team coach who can complement Sven's skills. I think that there is a fair old chance that this will happen before the end of the season - and would prefer that to the greater upheaval of Sven getting sacked.

Bl--dy hell! - I never considered that. I like it. The criteria for assessing a manager's success is how much he shells out on a player compared to that player's value 10 years ago. I tell you what I bet with Sven's reputation he could bring back Allan Clarke for a fraction of the money that we sold him for in the 1960's.

Look - Michael Ball is a crocked player who couldn't get a game. I very much hope that the player gets back to playing at a decent level.

As far as Sven is concerned my views are clear. He is excellent at spending other people's money but not so hot at getting results at this level. I accept that his name does have a certain currency in world football generally and that can be useful in bringing players into the football club - but in my opinion the owners need to be 'ahead of the curve' and thinking about bringing in a first team coach who can complement Sven's skills. I think that there is a fair old chance that this will happen before the end of the season - and would prefer that to the greater upheaval of Sven getting sacked.

Best you keep your views to yourself and your opinions, because they are both utter shite! Go get another tin of ralgex and keep yourself happy!

In all the years I have been on Talking Balls I have never felt the need to ignore anyone.

Even if they are spouting rubbish I prefer to know what they are saying and laugh, gasp or groan.

However, I am rethinking my policy. Redditch, that misery dribbler, is doing my head in!

In all the years I have been on Talking Balls I have never felt the need to ignore anyone.

Even if they are spouting rubbish I prefer to know what they are saying and laugh, gasp or groan.

However, I am rethinking my policy. Redditch, that misery dribbler, is doing my head in!

You must have ignored threads though, surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669