Michael Ball training with LCFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew Neville says (something like) 'I'm hopeful of one joining us in Austria'? This to me is in addition to Ball as he was going to Austria anyway.?

Yup - the "one to join in Austria" is not Michael Ball.

It seems to me that the Michael Ball deal is the only one that people feel sure will go through. The same people are hopeful on Maynard and I see that there is some alleged development on that.

Yeah your right! Done deal 5 Million quid, see you in Austria

This states that Michael Ball looks certain to be offered a contract by Leicester City after impressing during pre-season

Is Sven feeling OK? He's played 1 and a half games against 2 weak Swedish teams, he should at least wait to see how he gets on against the stronger teams we'll be facing during Pre-Season Bursaspor, Valencia and Real Madrid before deciding whether to offer him a contract or not, those 2 Swedish teams are barely our Semi Pro standard, We've already got a good experienced Left Back in Paul Konchesky, if I was gonna bring in another one I'd look at someone much younger like Jorge Caballero, a good 17 year old Left Back who can learn from Konchesky.

Is Sven feeling OK? He's played 1 and a half games against 2 weak Swedish teams, he should at least wait to see how he gets on against the stronger teams we'll be facing during Pre-Season Bursaspor, Valencia and Real Madrid before deciding whether to offer him a contract or not, those 2 Swedish teams are barely our Semi Pro standard, We've already got a good experienced Left Back in Paul Konchesky, if I was gonna bring in another one I'd look at someone much younger like Jorge Caballero, a good 17 year old Left Back who can learn from Konchesky.

Sven out.

Have you seen him in training then? :102:

Sven out.

Na, I don't want them to get rid of the guy, I just don't understand why Sven is making assumptions Ball's gonna be a good acquisition after he's performed well against (like I said) 2 weak Swedish teams, if we offered contracts based on good performances in Pre-Season Friendlies against below average teams then wank players like Akinbyi would still be on the books.

Na, I don't want them to get rid of the guy, I just don't understand why Sven is making assumptions Ball's gonna be a good acquisition after he's performed well against (like I said) 2 weak Swedish teams, if we offered contracts based on good performances in Pre-Season Friendlies against below average teams then wank players like Akinbyi would still be on the books.

I think the point, Midlands, is that:

A. Sven has worked with Ball in the past and is very aware of his potential skill set
B. He has trained well enough for Sven to believe he can channel said skill set and remain fit.
C. He's a low risk - high reward signing. If he's rubbish, he was cheap and if he's good...well...he was cheap.

I don't know why you're making assumptions that this story is anything other than speculative journalism. Sven's basically said if he impresses and stays fit for the rest of pre-season then he'll be offered a contract, but the BBC take this to mean that he's as good as signed up.

As for his ability, I'll let Sven be the judge of which players are good enough to play for the club, as that's his job and he's a damn sight more experienced in these matters than anyone who's ever posted on here. Except maybe Superscout.

Have you seen him in training then? :102:

No I haven't, but its what happens in matches that matter, my point was that I think Sven should not rush into offering him a contract until he has seen him play in the tougher friendly matches, those 2 teams were very weak teams we played, any Professional footballer will look amazing against Semi-Pro or Amateur sides. My other point was we already have a good experienced Left Back, who will undoubtedly be our "number 3" this season, I just feel Sven should look more to the future if he is to bring in another Left Back.

my point was that I think Sven should not rush into offering him a contract until he has seen him play in the tougher friendly matches

When did anyone say he was going to offer him a contract before the end of pre-season?

My other point was we already have a good experienced Left Back, who will undoubtedly be our "number 3" this season, I just feel Sven should look more to the future if he is to bring in another Left Back.

Did you see Berner play last season? He was utter dogshite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669