Michael Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you drop? Why?

Probably Carlton Cole.

I don't think he's that good, nor has he impressed for England so far.

And, as I said, Owen is a natural finisher, which I don't think can be said for any of our other strikers.

Players shouldn't be picked just on reputation... but you can't pick them just on form either. Have to assess what they bring to the team, and what they're capable of.

I'd rather have Darren Bent in that Carlton Cole actually.

Probably Carlton Cole.

The one game I have seen him play in (can't remember which one) he was a constant threat.

Had a dream last night that Owen became awsome again and made me eat my words, he was literally scoring every time he got the ball, was a cracking game and as a result a cracking dream, I didn't have to pay for my ticket either ;)

I want to take Owen, his record for England is great and hes put some good performances in for Man Utd. If he manages to have a consistent run of games throughout the season then I'd take him.

Its encouraging that at the moment we have probably 10 strikers fighting for WC places. We've been really short up front in the past few years but the likes of Bent and Defoe seem to have turned it up a notch this season,

Don't understand how D. Bent isn't in the latest squad?

Top scorer, on top form... why no place for him?

Probably Carlton Cole.

And, as I said, Owen is a natural finisher, which I don't think can be said for any of our other strikers.

Players shouldn't be picked just on reputation... but you can't pick them just on form either. Have to assess what they bring to the team, and what they're capable of.

I'd rather have Darren Bent in that Carlton Cole actually.

Don't understand how D. Bent isn't in the latest squad?

Top scorer, on top form... why no place for him?

You are kidding right?

You are kidding right?

:icon_redf

In my defence, I had already said I'd prefer Darren Bent to Carlton Cole though.... just don't see any justification for having Cole over Bent.

I'm sure others here would like Bent over Cole too ;)

In recent competitions we've gone with a player or two that hasn't been fully fit, and it has cost us.

I thought Owen going to Manure would be good for himself, manure and England. however, he is running out of time for next years WC.

If, and it's a big IF, Owen can get fit, go on a remarkable run of form, and stay fit, he might be worth a look at for England from February onwards, but I can't see it happening..

:icon_redf

In my defence, I had already said I'd prefer Darren Bent to Carlton Cole though.... just don't see any justification for having Cole over Bent.

I'm sure others here would like Bent over Cole too ;)

Definitely! He's on a scoring streak so hot he's even getting exhibition goals off beach balls! But seriously, the amount of goals he's scoring can't be ignored, I think he poses more of a threat than Agbonlahor, who doesn't have all that much apart from pace, while Cole has undoubtedly improved, but I haven't forgotten the donkey who achieved virtually nothing at Charlton, Villa or Chelsea. He's not an international.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669