Micky should go for HIS own sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyboy

The discipline over recent times has been absolutely appalling and I think that Micky Adams has just about had enough it. Whovere actually blames MA should have a look ta the stats- 4 red cards which led to 2 draws and 2 defeats. Had Dublin and Connolly not been dismissed I'm confident both games would have been won. Yet it is still Adams fault?
Supporters of the club always back players, but the likes of Blake, Gemmill and even Keown for that matter have been an absolute waste of time. The manager, who has tried to proplong careers of those who don't really deserve it then takes all the flak for their inept and totally unacceptable performances. Watching Keown and Dabizas try to defend at the end of the Sheff Utd game was laughable! Experienced pros..... Hmmmmmm.
So the critics will have their way if another spineless performance at a difficult place that requires character ends in another defeat. Gillingham will be well up 4 it, and I don't think we have the bottle (in terms of players) to win it.

All the best Micky. The 'fans' will have their way and get you out. The real problem will remain. Whoever takes this shambles over when the inevitable happens is in for a real shock. We couldn't even behave on an all expenses paid trip to La Manga. What a disgrace. Micky, you are better off out of it my friend.

i agree with that apart from keown i think in some games he's been quality

Keown is still a good player, and a good person to have a round the club with his past!

I don't agree with the Keown comments or that the players aren't good enough or have the bottle for it either. Keown almost singlehandly won us that Sheff Utd game with some fantastic blocks and tackles.

I think its a problem we have players like Blake because he is stifling the progress of Wright and other youngsters when they would probably be more effective both short term and long term.

As for any manager coming in, I think they would reap the rewards of the sqaud at the moment, the players are proven at this level and with some tinkering to get some more youth and/or pace in the side, I think it can easily compete with the Wigan/Readings in this division.

At the moment its so one dimensional we need some options out wide with players having the ability to beat their opposing players, something Scowcroft/Wilcox/Makin/Stewart can't do. Without that, we have to pass side to side, or resort to the long ball. Neither of which seem to work too well.

the likes of Blake, Gemmill and even Keown for that matter have been an absolute waste of time

Who bought those players, then ?
Who is responsible for instilling discipline at the club, then ?
Who is responsible for giving the team character, stength and team spirit ?

Micky is Innocent !!!

Of course he is.........

leicester_til_i_die said:
Keown is still a good player, and a good person to have a round the club with his past!

People like Keown should have got hold of Micky on sat, dragged him back in the dressing room and gone out and done the interviews for him along the lines of 'it's the players fault.....'. For Micky to have to face that prat from Radio Leicester asking ridiculous questions just about sums it up. He needs the help and support of those who he has given a chance to.

Its his team now, its his signings so he has to stand up and be counted. I agree on that, but as discussed elsewhere the alternatives aren't that great.

MA's downfall at the moment is his stubborness to drop the players who aren't performing - Dublin (up front), Wilcox, Williams, Connelly, Stewart, Scowcroft (in his wide role).

Scowcroft is wasted out wide IMO yeah he's there at the backpost but thats only if it's crossed from the left, which at the minute is our weaker side

homer said:
the likes of Blake, Gemmill and even Keown for that matter have been an absolute waste of time

Who bought those players, then ?
Who is responsible for instilling discipline at the club, then ?
Who is responsible for giving the team character, stength and team spirit ?

Micky is Innocent !!!

Of course he is.........

The players he bought SHOULD be good enough. So was it Micky's fault that his players decide to get pissed out of their faces and get involved in the La Manga affair? Team spirit must come from each individual, if the players don't want to know it doesn't matter what the manager says. Yes Micky has to shoulder the responsibility of his players, but he deserves so much better from them and the fans.

was it Micky's fault that his players decide to get pissed out of their faces and get involved in the La Manga affair?

Without wanting to reopen that whole argument, YES IT WAS

He sets the standards for the players and the club. He sets the boundaries within which they are supposed to operate. He engenders the respect (or lack of it) which would stop a player from going out and getting hammered

He has no respect, he has no control, he has no idea of what to do

homer said:
was it Micky's fault that his players decide to get pissed out of their faces and get involved in the La Manga affair?

He sets the standards for the players and the club. He sets the boundaries within which they are supposed to operate. He engenders the respect (or lack of it) which would stop a player from going out and getting hammered

Would they have done it under MON? i don't think so, unless collymore was ther

leicester_til_i_die said:
homer said:

Would they have done it under MON? i don't think so, unless collymore was ther

The thing O'Neil was not that he didn't have problems but that when he did, he sorted em PDQ.

homer said:

He shouldn't have to tie them up by a lead and watch them 24 hours a day.... they're grown men! (well apparently). He can give as many talks and fines about discipline as he wants but if he drops those indisclipined he is cutting off his nose to spite his face. It's no win for Micky, he can only expect a bit of respect and common decency off his team. If they can't give him that then they should be sacked!

dannyboy said:
homer said:

He shouldn't have to tie them up by a lead and watch them 24 hours a day.... they're grown men! (well apparently). He can give as many talks and fines about discipline as he wants but if he drops those indisclipined he is cutting off his nose to spite his face. It's no win for Micky, he can only expect a bit of respect and common decency off his team. If they can't give him that then they should be sacked!

That's a good one. So far we've had sack the manager, sack the fans, even sack the board in the last few years.

I vote.

"SACK THE TEAM" :wink:

All apart from Gillespie though. :wink:

Where is Gillespie by the way? Injured? He would do a job on the right in this division

Micky should go for HIS own sake.

didn't know he liked Japanese rice wine... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572